Ttf23 SOTC July 2018

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Ttf23 SOTC July 2018

Post by Ttf23 »

About time I posted my first SOTC. Here goes.

First the collection in my watch box plus overspill. When I bought the watch box, I was convinced I would never have more than seven watches (I.e. a box of six, plus one on my wrist). Unfortunately, I’m now at 8, with a Halios Seaforth on the way and absolutely no desire to sell any of them. Perhaps I need a bigger box.

Jumping hour 40mm

I love the uniqueness of this watch, the audible click as it ticks over each hour, and the beautiful precision of the minute hand.

C7 Rapide

Given the choice of 50% off anything in the then current CW range about 6 months ago, due to CW messing up an order in the last January sale, I went for this one. Love the twin flags logo and design.

CW world timer

Just picked this up in the summer sale. Gorgeous different design.

C60 316l in blue

Bought this fairly recently after trying a load of different C60 tridents, but none of them hitting the mark (too big, too small, hands not legible enough). This does though! The steel bezel makes the C60 wear a bit smaller and the deep blue colour, with the orange contrast is fabulous.

Bought a brushed bracelet from the forum (many thanks Neil) - complements it perfectly.

CW C65 vintage trident

I’ve said plenty on this - The subject of my recent review.

Damasko DA36

Great size, awesome quality and I don’t have to worry to much about treating it with kid gloves.

Halios Tropik B

Fancied giving a bronze watch a try and I’m glad I did. A great weekend casual watch.

Seiko SKX007

Relegated to my drawer from the box since the acquisition of the Tropik B. It’s now my beater!

What I’ve learned about my watch tastes so far:

1) prefer dark dials (black/blue)
2) ideal size range is around 40 to 42mm
3) date a very useful complication
4) prefer simple dials
5) auto over quartz
6) there’s an exception to every rule (except the last one)

I’m pretty happy with my collection at the moment. The incoming Halios Seaforth in orange with add a bright colour to the mix and having (over)spent my watch budget this year already, not looking at getting anything else in the short term, although there is quite some temptation around. Wonder what my collection will look like in 12 months time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Re: Ttf23 SOTC July 2018

Post by cincfleet »

A very nice collection. I do like the look of the C7 on the bracelet :thumbup:
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

A very nice collection with some cracking CW watches in there . The Damasko really stands out though for me , very nice .
Bernie
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I'd happily wear any of those cracking CW's. I'm also awaiting the Helios Seaforth and have the same issue with no space in the watchbox.... first world problems eh? :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Many thanks all.
cincfleet wrote:I do like the look of the C7 on the bracelet :thumbup:
I bought it with the blue/yellow HDN strap too, but ending up returning it unused, as the watch just felt perfectly balanced with the bracelet.
tempusmaximus wrote:A very nice collection with some cracking CW watches in there . The Damasko really stands out though for me , very nice .
In terms of quality of materials, I totally agree. The engineering and finish of the ice hardened steel is something else. I do find myself hankering after a D-sub 1 too.
Thegreyman wrote:I'd happily wear any of those cracking CW's. I'm also awaiting the Helios Seaforth and have the same issue with no space in the watchbox.... first world problems eh? :lol:
First world problems - Tell me about it. I actually had to turn a lightswitch off the other day when my WiFi went down!
:D
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

A brilliant collection :clap:
Some excellent pieces there for sure.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Lovely collection, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’