JustDave - July 2018 - My 1st SOTC

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Justdave
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

JustDave - July 2018 - My 1st SOTC

Post by Justdave »

On the arrival of my first Christopher Ward and the overflow of the watch box I received for Christmas from my wife I thought now is a good time to do my 1st SOTC...
Nothing too extravagant yet...

From top left to bottom right:

Tag Heuer Formula 1: saw this watch in the Christmas sales and loved the colour of the face and the NATO strap it came with, I have recently just ordered the bracelet for it.

Tissot PRC200: This was one of my 30th birthday presents and my first automatic, a lovely watch quite simple and easy to wear both smart & casual.

Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 (38mm): I’ve only had this watch two days, I bought it as have been admiring CW’s since Christmas & also really wanted another white face. Initially the 38mm felt a bit small but I put that down to the fact I’ve had a G-Shock on all day! Such a well made watch, feel great on the wrist. I’m sure it won’t be my last...

Gold Lorus: This was my grandfather’s watch, he last wore it with a stretchy metal bracelet but I changed it for a nice dark brown leather. A very sentimental watch, doesn’t get much time on the wrist though.

Seiko SKX009: I wanted another auto to add to the collection but one I would be happy wearing as a daily, I bought this from a chap on thewatchforum after hearing good things about them, I have to say for the money this is one of my favourite watches, I’ve since bought the 007 bezel and a few different straps etc, this has had a lot of wear in the few months I’ve had it.

Nixon Timeteller: This was bought for me as a birthday present from my wife, she remembered me pointing it out in a jewelers that made her wedding ring , I love the simplicity of this watch.

G-Shock GA-110LN-8A - I love a G-Shock, this one mainly worn when kayaking or on the beach etc, I’ve had a few different one’s and can’t fault them.

G Shock DW-5600BBN-1ER: This one is predominantly my “work watch” one I’m not too worried about, nice and light and not too big.

(Recently kicked out of the box by the C60) Casio Worldtime Illuminator: picked this up in the Argos sale last month for £15, it reminded me so much of the Casio’s I never owned when I was at school. It is quickly becoming my new work watch. Superb watch for £15

Looks like I now need another box, hopefully the next box will house a few more expensive/grail watches in the next few years...

Apologies for the waffle...
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: JustDave - July 2018 - My 1st SOTC

Post by DISJT »

Forget the extra box and quit while you're ahead Dave. There only lays madness ahead if you get another box.
You'll want to fill it and before you know it, you'll have 24 watches and wonder where the hell it all went soo wrong.

On a more serious note, you seem to be taking a similar route to myself (I had a tag, a couple of SKX's and some old cheap Casio g-shocks). I then bought a CW , came here and before I knew it I had 7. Most of us seem to hanker back to the time we had a sensible collection like yours.
CHRIS
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nice collection of very wearable watches, Dave. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Nice collection. My favourites the Tag, CW and SKX....oh and of course the forum darling Casio :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

The box is not overflowing. :grin: One on the wrist and eight in the box simply means it’s reached capacity... :wink: While I generally wouldn’t buy a digital, the rest look pretty damned sweet to me. :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

A nice collection, Thanks for posting it ;)