LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

2013 FLEC progress report #3

Post by Kip »

The deadline for design/idea submissions has now passed. The FLEC shall move forward with what we have.

This has been a very busy period for the 2013 FLEC. We have been working on a multitude of possible design ideas trying to incorporate many of our own ideas, as well as those that have been submitted by to us from the forum. All submissions have been reviewed and considered.

We have had some terrific designs put forth, by the FLEC and the forum, in draft form, but unfortunately it is not practical to use most of them. For example; we have had to eliminate the thought of using a PVD case and Tritium tubes due to the additional costs that would put us over the prescribed budget. In many cases these have been extremely difficult decisions.

Our immediate goal is to narrow down our list to a workable 2 or 3 models to develop. We expect to complete this process over the next couple days.

This next week or so is a critical period for the FLEC and will keep the Photoshop crew extremely busy with constant developments and refinements.

I am pleased to tell you that the proliferation of ideas and cooperation between the FLEC members has been extraordinary. No one has lost sight of the ultimate goal of designing a watch, that we believe, will fall within the parameters voted on by the forum.

I believe our progress to be remarkable and the only thing truly in our way are the deadlines we face.

Stay tuned.....
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: 2013 FLEC progress report #3

Post by Cirrus »

Hurrah for progress!

One question though - what deadlines are there? Seems to me we have 22 months before we have to stop calling it a 2013 FLE ;)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Macca

Post by Macca »

I seem to remember the watch will be put up for sale and delivered early next year, sure i read that somewhere. Someone must remember where it was written, cant see it anywhere, keep up the good work team!
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

thanks for the update. I look forward seeing some FLEC design choices! :thumbup:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes

Post by PaulWB »

I like the sound of what the FLEC are progressing with for the design (having discounted PVD and tritium tubes).

I look forward to the designs coming out of the committee and I think the C10 case will be ideal.
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-foura: yes

Post by skimrok »

Looking forward to what may come in due course

from a newbie view this is very exciting and great reading
all the input from forum members!

All the best from me
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Rooster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Rooster »

Keep up the good work team, we all appreciate your efforts. Let the real debate begin when we have some concepts
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru

Post by Mr Kirk »

Thanks for the up date. When are the designs going to be put to the forum? Up until now I think dates have been set and well documented.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

Thank you for the update, Kip. and hard work FLEC ctte. I can't wait to see what you come up with and am selfishly glad for the tight deadline! :alien:
cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

Mr Kirk wrote:Thanks for the up date. When are the designs going to be put to the forum? Up until now I think dates have been set and well documented.
The timetable is shown as an addendum here at the bottom of Kip's post. http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... ec#p173879
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru

Post by Mr Kirk »

Cheers. Hadn't seen that.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

Excellent - many thanks for the update
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Well done guys — keep going! I'm intrigued to see what you come up with! :D

I'm not surprised that things like PVD and tritium lume didn't make it through to the next stage. The set price limit doesn't offer much room for manoeuvre and it seems pretty obvious that any high-spec addition would perforce haves negative knock-on effect elsewhere in the design.

In many ways, the most interesting things for me would be whether or not CW is able to offer an exhibition back at a sensible cost and whether he's prepared to go ahead with developing adapted shoulders for the existing bracelet to allow it to fit the C10. That, at least, sounds sensible because it would seem likely that this would then allow for a general-release version of the bracelet for the C10 at a later date (although presumably it would need to be finished to match the C10 case...?).

"Sports" is such a broad brief so I'm really looking forward to some pics from the next stage of the design work.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

Thanks for the update Kip.

Good luck, team. You guys need it and I know the work involved... Possibly even more so than before given the forum looking over your shoulders all the time. I know you'll all do your best and it will be a great watch.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Peteo »

Everything is sounding great! Keep it up!
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?