2012 Forum Limited Edition (#1?) Discussion Area

The fourth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: 2012 Forum Limited Edition (#1?) Discussion Area

Post by julywest »

chriswalkerband wrote:Man, you know you have it bad when you have the tracking number MEMORIZED...

:hangman:
when was it despatched?
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

chriswalkerband wrote:Man, you know you have it bad when you have the tracking number MEMORIZED...

:hangman:
:lol: :lol:
Richard
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Still really **** off about mine. Sent it back to be repaired which I think is well duff considering the thingis brand new. If, as you say there are five "reds" available, can they not swop my caseback onto one of these others?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

xtriple wrote:Still really **** off about mine. Sent it back to be repaired which I think is well duff considering the thingis brand new. If, as you say there are five "reds" available, can they not swop my caseback onto one of these others?
I think what you suggest is perfectly reasonable. Why not send an e-mail to that effect and let us know the response?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Because all I get from CW is "furthered" e-mails from one dept to another. Asked for an update yesterday and got no reply. The fabled CW customer service seems to fail every time there's a problem. All well and good being nice when everything is going well, it's when things are going wrong that GOOD customer service shines through, and CW ain't got that.

I've made four purchases from them and had problems three times. Pretty bad average I'd say...
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
seaclose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 11
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by seaclose »

xtriple wrote:
I've made four purchases from them and had problems three times. Pretty bad average I'd say...

I've got ten. I had one small problem, which Wera sorted within minutes.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

seaclose wrote:
xtriple wrote:

I've got ten. I had one small problem, which Wera sorted within minutes.
Sorry, but I've got 13 + 3 CWLs and have only had three issues,

One was resolved by sending it back twice in a row :-(
One by CWL sending out a replacement (original lost in post) :-)
One by CW talking me through a re-regulation (bomb defusing comes to mind!) :-)

That's still a 12.5% failure rate if you exclude the one that went AWOL, not bad, but I bet it's much better than most other mid scale manufacturers.

Also, when I first started buying from CWL I was a most intolerant customer " what do you mean the shipment was lost in a hurricane, that's not good enough, give me my watch or a 200% refund" and " don't you know who I am?"

Once I calmed down (became more 'normal') things got better, much better (well, they certainly seemed to)

Just my 2c

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by DSHall »

I've got 21 plus SWMBO has one. Only ever two issues. Crown came out of Trident. Fixed in about 4 days despite a bank holiday and the one for SWMBO was delayed from Switzerland. The Wonderous Wera upgraded to alligator strap for free to make up for it even though no delivery date was guaranteed. I'm sorry Triple had problems, id be annoyed too just trying to bring some balance to the thread.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Grumpy old **** here. I guess I am a bit moody at the mo' and not quite as forgiving as usual. I think I'm just in a grump 'cos I really wanted this watch, yet when it arrived, excluding the fact that it didn't work, I was still a bit "meh!" about it. Not really digging the colour red chosen, the bracelet didn't feel wonderful and all I wanted to do was get it on my wrist and "bond" with it.

Of course, that couldn't happen.

However, I've had two e-mails from Debs today to say they are doing exactly what we suggested earlier in this thread (do they read the forum?) and the watch would be despatched tomorrow for Friday delivery. Then, another one to say it's being despatched TODAY for arrival TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So all being well (and I have no reason to suspect otherwise other than our run of dodgy luck at the moment) I'll be wearing it this time tomorrow :thumbup:

Then I can bond (maybe) or at least get used to it.

Excited now, certainly more than I was the first time round as not quite so worried about other stuff....
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

It would appear from further communication, that Kip is the man responsible :clap: as he got in touch with Debs on my behalf and got it sorted.

Fingers well and truly crossed for this one.
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by DSHall »

xtriple wrote:It would appear from further communication, that Kip is the man responsible :clap: as he got in touch with Debs on my behalf and got it sorted.

Fingers well and truly crossed for this one.

Good luck mate. You're due some good news.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Glad to hear its sorted XT.

Kip is the Man :clap:
Graham
chriswalkerband
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by chriswalkerband »

Bummer about the initial dissatisfaction...glad it worked out in the end!

GOOD NEWS! SHE'S HERE!!!!!

I've got a few things I want to mention about the FLE2012.

1) It's F&%$*@ amazing!
2) It's better than I thought it would be!
3) I had the bracelet adjusted today and one of the employees was smitten with it, both the bracelet and the quality of the watch itself.
4) 120 CLICK BEZEL!!! WTF?! My C60 Trident Blackie only has a 60 click...MUCH appreciated improvement!
5) I really love the lume variation - just the minute/hour is the lovely Blue - everything else is GREEN

That's all for now...honestly I'm scared to wear it tonight. I'm going into a new studio and I know I'll be lugging some amps/gear. I don't mind scratching the bracelet up (not LE) - but I'm going to have a panic attack if I get ever a hairline on the lugs, or worse. BUT, it's just too incredible NOT to wear! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

chriswalkerband wrote:Bummer about the initial dissatisfaction...glad it worked out in the end!

GOOD NEWS! SHE'S HERE!!!!!

I've got a few things I want to mention about the FLE2012.

1) It's F&%$*@ amazing!
2) It's better than I thought it would be!
3) I had the bracelet adjusted today and one of the employees was smitten with it, both the bracelet and the quality of the watch itself.
4) 120 CLICK BEZEL!!! WTF?! My C60 Trident Blackie only has a 60 click...MUCH appreciated improvement!
5) I really love the lume variation - just the minute/hour is the lovely Blue - everything else is GREEN

That's all for now...honestly I'm scared to wear it tonight. I'm going into a new studio and I know I'll be lugging some amps/gear. I don't mind scratching the bracelet up (not LE) - but I'm going to have a panic attack if I get ever a hairline on the lugs, or worse. BUT, it's just too incredible NOT to wear! :clap: :clap: :clap:
So you are going to keep it as opposed to passing to the next one on the list .......... :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
chriswalkerband
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by chriswalkerband »

[/quote]So you are going to keep it as opposed to passing to the next one on the list .......... :D[/quote]

It would take a miracle, a million dollars, or a shark to get this beauty from me. I love it!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank whoever passed on #43...THANK YOU!

Kip, I would like to be added to the owners list now :lol: I wanted to wait until it was on my wrist. Well done CW & Scooter for actualizing my grail! ...Can you tell I'm happy?