Pin & buckle to deployment?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Pin & buckle to deployment?

Post by Gar787 »

I have a nice leather CW strap, recently purchased which is a standard ‘pin&buckle’ config. How much of a headache, if any, is it to switch it to a deployment config? Any tips/ recommendations are appreciated folks...
PHIL
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Pin & buckle to deployment?

Post by jkbarnes »

Gar787 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm I have a nice leather CW strap, recently purchased which is a standard ‘pin&buckle’ config. How much of a headache, if any, is it to switch it to a deployment config? Any tips/ recommendations are appreciated folks...
Not much of a headache at all. I’ve added Bader deployants and butterfly clasps to many watch straps. The only issue is that there will be a small hole where the pin would have been on the short end of the buckle, if that makes sense (see att head photo). This is a purely cosmetic issue. Just make sure you order a clasp to properly fit the end of your strap.

C5FFE957-DCAB-48B5-9702-281B9756B281.jpeg
Drew
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

There are many different styles of deployant.

Typically whilst easy enough to fit, a CW Bader or Omega style deployant is unlikely to be a good fit on the wrist if paired with a standard style of strap (e.g. one with an 80mm buckle end and 120mm tail end).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Many thanks gents.
PHIL