Strap options for C65 AM GT LE

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Strap options for C65 AM GT LE

Post by jkbarnes »

While I love the quick release bracelet, and bought on on such per Downer’s Rules, I think my new C65 AM GT LE will spend most of its time on these two straps, especially the leather one!

3509C6D9-F723-4F8A-8046-C1D74A37DD9D.jpeg
B4D499C5-1CEB-44FA-A784-76E001502037.jpeg
D8C4B42C-97C9-4C1B-BE89-7C059D6C097C.jpeg
AEA3A595-AD66-4994-B9B5-1F7401E1F8E0.jpeg
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Strap options for C65 AM GT LE

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Both very nice straps, Andrew, but I agree the leather one looks superb.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm Both very nice straps, Andrew, but I agree the leather one looks superb.
Yeah, the leather one is definitely the bee’s knees. And it looks like it’s going to break in quite nicely. I’m thinking about contacting @thestraptailor about having a strap near identical to the leather one made, except with a red accent under the perforated holes. I think that would compliment the watch beautifully, with its red accents on the dial and red hands.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Yeah the lovely brown leather strap combo is winning for sure.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Sorry to contradict the majority but my tastes don't understand the brown leather/black dial combination.

It's a bit like wearing brown shoes with a black or blue suit.

Maybe I'm just too conventional but all personal choice anyway so enjoy the watch.

The style of the leather strap is superb, I love perforated with sporty watches.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 pm Maybe I'm just too conventional but all personal choice anyway so enjoy the watch.
And that’s why we have so many straps to choose from, because not everyone’s tastes are the same. I do get the comparison to shoes and suits, but I’ve been known to mix that up too!
Drew
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 pm Sorry to contradict the majority but my tastes don't understand the brown leather/black dial combination.

Maybe I'm just too conventional but all personal choice anyway so enjoy the watch.

The style of the leather strap is superb, I love perforated with sporty watches.
Interesting view! :shock:

I was very much of the “no brown in town” view as regards brown shoes when working in the City and West End. :)

However whilst I wouldn’t wear brown shoes with a black or grey suit, I would, and have worn blue suits (albeit not at work) with brown shoes and also tan shoes with black jeans.

However back to watches. Google is your friend. It will show that there are more images of Speedmasters (particularly vintage ones) and 5 digit Submariners and GMT Masters on brown leather than black leather.

Perhaps people with such watches are generally a little unconventional. :lol:

Out of interest are there dial colours that you would wear with a brown strap?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

nbg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:50 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 pm Sorry to contradict the majority but my tastes don't understand the brown leather/black dial combination.

However back to watches. Google is your friend. It will show that there are more images of Speedmasters (particularly vintage ones) and 5 digit Submariners and GMT Masters on brown leather than black leather.

Perhaps people with such watches are generally a little unconventional. :lol:

Out of interest are there dial colours that you would wear with a brown strap?

Neil
Can't be owners of Speedies in general that are unconventional as I have a Speedy :D
and I probably wouldn't wear a brown strap with that.
I've seen the photos but seeing doesn't make me agree with them.

White dial, cream dial maybe but brown is not really a colour I favour in general (maybe cos I lived through the beige and brown era of cars and clothes etc) which is why I don't have any brown straps or brown shoes. Not necessarily right, not necessarily wrong.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I’m of the view that some sort of brown or tan strap is generally the way to go, unless a suitably colour matched strap looks as good. I will also admit that it’s very unusual for me to pair a black strap with any watch - I generally find them to be quite uninteresting, regardless of coloured stitching or other things. I do have some quite distressed black straps that I like, but they’re the main exception to the rule. As has been said many times on the forum, different strokes for different folk.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

gaf1958 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:32 am I’m of the view that some sort of brown or tan strap is generally the way to go, unless a suitably colour matched strap looks as good. I will also admit that it’s very unusual for me to pair a black strap with any watch - I generally find them to be quite uninteresting, regardless of coloured stitching or other things. I do have some quite distressed black straps that I like, but they’re the main exception to the rule. As has been said many times on the forum, different strokes for different folk.
Although I have similar taste in strap matching as Gary, I do think both straps look excellent and work really well on this watch. I do also like to have a brown and black strap option for such watches so that I can match the colour of the shoes that I am wearing!
Dean
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

gaf1958 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:32 am ...I will also admit that it’s very unusual for me to pair a black strap with any watch - I generally find them to be quite uninteresting, regardless of coloured stitching or other things...
In general, I agree with you. I have a black leather strap for my C65 Trident Vintage, and it’s my least worn. However, a black Hirsch performance strap typically stays attached all summer - I need something water proof that can handle the sweat. And I like the very utilitarian look of a black sailcloth pattern.

It was in the same vein that I bought the black sailcloth for the new watch - something robust and utilitarian than can hold up to the sweat in the oppressive Virginia summer heat. I chose the grey stitching to add a bit of visual interest and play off the steel bezel, but fundamentally a utilitarian purchase.
Drew
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Personally I think the colour and texture of the strap is an important consideration. Not just any brown strap with any black or blue watch. You need a match that works for you. I think the first time I got this was when I messed around with a cheap bundle of watch gecko straps, and put a brown strap on an inexpensive rotary that originally had a metal bracelet. This strap has been on it ever since.
IMG_20200808_122321159_HDR.jpg
SlayedDreamer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SlayedDreamer »

I really like the CW Black/Red Piccary leather strap for my AM GT.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be listed on CW's website anymore.. hopefully it will make a return in the future!
ECD84A08-230C-49C3-8DEB-3A422E065491.jpeg
C1 Morgan Aero 8 | C65 Anthropocene | C65 Aquitaine Orca Black | C7 Rapide Chrono
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

SlayedDreamer wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 am I really like the CW Black/Red Piccary leather strap for my AM GT.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be listed on CW's website anymore.. hopefully it will make a return in the future!

ECD84A08-230C-49C3-8DEB-3A422E065491.jpeg
That’s a really good looking combination!
Drew