Protecting Stainless Bracelets

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Protecting Stainless Bracelets

Post by malvern_man »

I just use the cheap clear sticky back plastic that is supposed to be used for covering books, it works for me.
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Then there's the other camp that removes the bracelet and replaces it with a strap. The bracelet then lives in a box in its "like new" condition. :D
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Very interesting post. It appears in the picture that you wrapped the straight edge just around the side of the clasp versus straying to complete cut outs for the pushers. Truly only 20 minutes from start to finish including cutting?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Viognier wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:24 pm Very interesting post. It appears in the picture that you wrapped the straight edge just around the side of the clasp versus straying to complete cut outs for the pushers. Truly only 20 minutes from start to finish including cutting?
Hi Lance. It's only on the upper face of the clasp- a single rectangular piece that only covers the surface most likely to pick up scrapes. It's really not a long process- the hardest parts are cutting out the piece to be parallel and in trimming the ends while trying not to scag the material- the edges need to be cut carefully and cleanly.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

<Tongue in Cheek>

I respect the views that it changes the nature of the clasp and doesn't allow you to bang up the steel as the manufacturer would have intended. I see it a little differently.

With only a handful of heroic exceptions, a scraped up watch is only a watch that has been scraped up. A story about how you scratched it on your MacBook while filling in your taxes or accidentally scraped it against the granite kitchen top while fixing up a vanilla latte are less evidence of a rich tapestry of life than, well, a reflection of a thousand instances of mundanity.

I have a doormat even though I know the flooring in the house can be cleaned. I take time and effort to put a protective coating of wax on my car every couple of months even though I know it can be repolished. I'll wear a coat even though I know I'll dry out. I have door stops in the skirting boards even though I could fix a hole in the plasterboard wall. And on the one or two watches I feel are a bit special, I'll do what I can to keep them special while I enjoy them. :D :D

</Tongue in Cheek>
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

richtel wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:07 pm <Tongue in Cheek>

I respect the views that it changes the nature of the clasp and doesn't allow you to bang up the steel as the manufacturer would have intended. I see it a little differently.

With only a handful of heroic instances, a scraped up watch is only a watch that has been scraped up. A story about how you scratched it on your MacBook while filling in your taxes or accidentally scraped it against the granite kitchen top while fixing up a vanilla latte are less evidence of a rich tapestry of life than, well, a reflection of a thousand instances of mundanity.

I have a doormat even though I know the flooring in the house can be cleaned. I take time and effort to put a protective coating of wax on my car every couple of months even though I know it can be repolished. I'll wear a coat even though I know I'll dry out. I have door stops in the skirting boards even though I could fix a hole in the plasterboard wall. And on the one or two watches I feel are a bit special, I'll do what I can to keep them special while I enjoy them. :D :D

</Tongue in Cheek>
^^ Brilliant !!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think this is a great idea. I bought a new chrono, and within a week my wife wondered where 3 bracelet links had suffered quite noticeable scratches. I will have a look at your suggestions. Thanks.