C65 Trident automatic strap question

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
andyh41

C65 Trident automatic strap question

Post by andyh41 »

Hi, after lengthy procrastination I finally bit the bullet and bought my first CW watch a few weeks ago - a C65 Trident automatic. I have to say that I love it - it looks great and feels really good to wear. I do have a potential issue though, in that the leather strap seems to make a click/crack noise where the pin sits in the lug. This only happens on one end - the end without the QR 'knob'. The strap feels securely attached, it's just a bit annoying when it makes the noise and it and spoils the overall quality feel a bit.
I have an idea it's happening because the strap pin is catching the edge of the hole in the lug - the noisy end of the pin has several changes in diameter whereas the QR end only has one (if that makes sense) see attached pics. Has anyone else noticed this - is it normal? CW want me to send the whole watch back - I was kind of hoping it was just a strap problem (wrong strap for the watch?) and they could send a replacement.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Attachments
IMG-1617.JPG
quiet end!
IMG-1616.JPG
'noisy end'

richtel
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: C65 Trident automatic strap question

Post by richtel »

It sounds like a mis-match between the pin and lug hole. Replacing the QR spring bar for a good quality bar of the right dimensions would quickly solve the issue.

andyh41

Post by andyh41 »

Thanks Rich. I like the idea of the QR pins so i'll give CW a chance to resolve this - it's just annoying to have to return the watch when i've only just got it. I really just wanted to know if this was a known or common issue and therefore an easy thing for CW to put right.

Cheers.

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Do you have another QR strap you can try to see if it is the issue?

Even if you don't and are certain it is the strap, I would reconnect with customer service and suggest they send a strap only. It would be ridiculous to send the whole watch back for a strap issue. If a replacement strap does the same thing, then send the watch back.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

andyh41

Post by andyh41 »

Unfortunately I have no other CW watch or QR strap to play with. I've just swapped over straps from another watch (same width, not QR), and in this case the straps sit quite happily and quietly in the other watch. So it only seems to be the QR strap in the Trident that is the problem. Prior to getting the Trident I bought a C7 Rapide in the sale, but decided to return it - so annoyingly there was a brief period when I had both watches and could have tested the other QR strap.
I'll try again with Customer Services like you suggest. I guess there's a chance there's an issue with the lug holes, but it's surely more likely the strap?

Leon O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Leon O »

That also happens with my Citizen Tough that has a hybrid strap on standard, but stout (2mm barrel) springbar. The stap is stocj.