C60 Trident Mk III Blue strap recommendations pls

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Ant

C60 Trident Mk III Blue strap recommendations pls

Post by Ant »

Rather than hijack AVO's thread below, I thought I would ask for more specific advice on matching a strap to what is now my first CW purchase, a Trident C60 Pro 40mm Blue.

As per advice gleaned from lurking on this forum I ordered on the bracelet but forgot to request the smaller bracelet and as a result it is waaay too big (prob 18mm between bottom of wrist and bracelet). I am going to remove links, but I tend to prefer leather/fabric/hybrid in any case. I want to reflect the blue dial with a flash of colour on the strap and quite like the Zuludiver sailcloth ones on watchgecko, but the blue looks too bright. It might be a false economy not to just order the new CW hybrid, but thought I would ask the experts here.

Thanks
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C60 Trident Mk III Blue strap recommendations pls

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Unless you get the blue hybrid from CW, you could be going round in circles chasing the exact match.

How about going for a contrast in, say, light or dark brown?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Ant

Post by Ant »

Thanks Guy. Brown/blue would be a nice combo and means shade less of an issue.

I am quite a visual person - does anyone have any photos they would be willing to post or point me in the direction of?
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

A note of caution with blue and brown. Now the blue is different (lighter) on a C65 but I tried a Gingerbread leather from Barton and it's OK but a "not quite". Actually a nice strap but needed more depth of colour for the C65 (like CW's Oak strap).

Once they are back in stock (22mm) I'm going to try one of WatchGecko's new Dedworth straps in dark blue. They have some nice straps, I have a couple. Their Cheswell distressed grey looks fantastic with my Cocktail Time Blue Moon.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.