Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Chris Ward straps

Post by widge34 »

Which would be the more comfortable. Hybrid or webbing. i dont like bracelets.
scalberto
Junior
Junior

Re: Chris Ward straps

Post by scalberto »

I have two hybrid straps they look really good. However the blue one i have is really uncomfortable but the blue/orange is perfectly fine. Not sure why that is. I haven't tried webbing so basically my post isn't very helpful. Sorry.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit »

I have both the blue hybrid and webbing. The webbing is more comfortable but not as durable as the hybrid. The webbing can pick up lint and dirt easily. Hope this was helpful. Although over time the hybrid does become more comfortable.
nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by nwnjw01 »

My opinion for what it’s worth is steer clear of the Hybrid straps..

I think they look good, but unfortunately for me I find the one I have is too stiff to be comfortable, indeed one of the plastic keepers snapped after a very short time due to undue strain necessarily out on it to get the end of the strap under it.
There’s also the issue of hole placement, if the holes already in the strap don’t suit you, then you have a strap that doesn’t fit, although it has been pointed out to me that you could fit a different buckle of a larger or smaller style to address this last problem, and as for my first complaint mine was an early one and apparently they either have or will be changing the strap “stiffness”.

Just my personal opinions, and to balance them out I am a great fan of bracelets, although I do have several other types..
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

I've a webbing strap on my C7 and love it, only just received a hybrid and it is certainly stiffer.
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

I have both. they are both quite stiff. I do believe they have a modified Hybrid 2.0 version that is more flexible. I'd ensure I received that 2.0 version if I ordered. Recall forum comment that availability is dependant on Hybrid strap colour
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

I got the all blue hybrid for my C60 for a more casual look and to save the bracelet from been constantly desk dived.
The first few wears rubbed and was quite stiff. Borderline returning it but a few weeks later and its moulded nice to my wrist and become supple so it's a thumbs up from me.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I've had a hybrid in the past and agree it was quite stiff. I didn't wear it enough to see if it moulded.

I've just got a hybrid 2.0 and the difference is night & day or chalk & cheese.

The hybrid 2.0 is noticeably thinner, between two thirds and half the thickness of the original but, more importantly, it is way more supple and flexible making it much more comfortable.

Give it a try.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I've clearly got far too much time on my hands at present and have been trying to understand what hybrid straps can be ordered. The following table lists all the SKU's and their characteristics that can currently be purchased from the CW website:

Hybrid Straps.jpg

Now I've done this because I would like to order a 22mm blue strap with a bronze buckle, but I don't want the original 'thick and stiff' version as I've heard too many bad reports about it. However, the newer 'thinner and flexible' version it would appear can currently only be ordered via the SKU's with the titanium buckle (the above truncated descriptions in parentheses are taken from the CW strap description and are the only clues to which version you might get).

In my case I'd have to order 22-HYB-01-BXB-DC-ST and I'm fairly convinced I'd get the original version. CW are using a single SKU to identify strap variations but do not currently identify the actual version of the material supplied. The cynic in me suggests this is because they've got bins full of the old versions that they want to clear before they replenish them with the newer versions.

This is compounded by the fact that watch descriptions don't specify the strap SKU, just a generic description. Therefore the new C60 Sapphire which I think looks very attractive on the blue hybrid probably comes with the old version strap?

Personally for the time being I think I'm going to avoid these hybrid straps until I see some reports of the newer versions being widely supplied. I'm going to stick with Barton Elite Silicone's.
Tim
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

Great research Tim. By any chance do you know if CW will sell a bronze buckle separately? I'd like a 20mm buckle for a parallel strap to go on my 38mm C60 bronze.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Lavaine wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 pm Great research Tim. By any chance do you know if CW will sell a bronze buckle separately? I'd like a 20mm buckle for a parallel strap to go on my 38mm C60 bronze.
I’ve not asked them, but I think I know what the answer would be...

I’ve been searching the internet for 20mm bronze/brass buckles. If you want a Panerai style then OK; or maybe you’re a goth or into steampunk then there’s also a fair selection of ‘interesting’ designs. If you want something more conventional I’ve found very little yet. There’s a UK company selling on eBay/Etsy with what looks like a decent selection but they’ve failed to respond to my queries so I’m not rushing to spend money with them yet.

I’ve just ordered a Mansera strap and in the medium term I’ll be swapping buckles over.
Tim
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

timor54 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 pm
Lavaine wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 pm Great research Tim. By any chance do you know if CW will sell a bronze buckle separately? I'd like a 20mm buckle for a parallel strap to go on my 38mm C60 bronze.
When Scott was head of CS, I contacted him and purchased 2 of the chunky sports buckles in 18 & 20mm.
That may have changed now, but could be worth a quick call.
Ryan
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:52 am
timor54 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 pm
When Scott was head of CS, I contacted him and purchased 2 of the chunky sports buckles in 18 & 20mm.
That may have changed now, but could be worth a quick call.
I’ve emailed them and the answer is no.
Tim