Quick Release Spring Bar Query.

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Quick Release Spring Bar Query.

Post by cincfleet »

I have a canvas strapped C60 Trident inbound which has the QR Spring Bars. Can a NATO Strap be safely used with these type of bars or will I need normal bars, thanks in advance forumites :thumbup:
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Re: Quick Release Spring Bar Query.

Post by Budman2k »

You'll need to put in "normal" spring bars. The quick release spring bar remains in the strap.
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by cincfleet »

Budman2k wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:19 pm You'll need to put in "normal" spring bars. The quick release spring bar remains in the strap.
Good point well made, I did suddenly think that they may be stitched into the strap :shock: thanks for the advice :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Budman2k wrote:You'll need to put in "normal" spring bars. The quick release spring bar remains in the strap.
That's affirmative.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by richtel »

I'm not so sure about that.

The QR spring bar can be taken out of a strap really easily... they're not sewn in. The trick is to pull out the end furthest away from the sprung release lever towards the end of its slot, then the bar can be withdrawn away from the slot. Sounds complicated, but it isn't- I've made a video of it here-

[youtube]https://youtu.be/E3YX28fYPRI[/youtube]

The broader question is whether you'd want to do that. QR spring bars are not generally as robust as good quality , well fitting springbars and there is always the risk that they could accidentally be tugged out so for the sake of buying buying some, I'd definitely go with regular springbars for a nato.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by cincfleet »

Rich, Many thanks for the reply, very interesting. I think my point was, would the pins be robust enough or even could the clip be more easily knocked with it being exposed. A nice quick utube as well thanks :thumbup:
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

richtel wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm I'm not so sure about that.

The QR spring bar can be taken out of a strap really easily... they're not sewn in. The trick is to pull out the end furthest away from the sprung release lever towards the end of its slot, then the bar can be withdrawn away from the slot. Sounds complicated, but it isn't- I've made a video of it here-

[youtube]https://youtu.be/E3YX28fYPRI[/youtube]

The broader question is whether you'd want to do that. QR spring bars are not generally as robust as good quality , well fitting springbars and there is always the risk that they could accidentally be tugged out so for the sake of buying buying some, I'd definitely go with regular springbars for a nato.
100% agree, but in all honesty I don't listen to my own advice and use QR spring bars for my nato straps. The convenience is worth it in my opinion, and since both spring bars would have to fail on a nato for the watch to fall off, I rationalize that it might be safer with natos than having QR spring bars in regular straps where one failure spells disaster. I know having now said this I will eat my infamous last words at some point soon. :lol:
Best regards,
John
jfim88

Post by jfim88 »

Hi guys.

I’m new in this watches world so I need to ask.

Recently bought a C60 Trident Pro 600 in Blue and I’m looking to buy a good Nato strap.

So I’ll need regular springboards? I need to buy them? Or there are some included with the watch?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Spring bars with a 1.8 barrel and 0.8mm tip should fit well for a nato strap. Esslinger sells a 10 pack for about $3 and $4 shipping. Make sure you get a quality spring bar changing tool like a Bergeon. They are also available from Esslinger.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi