Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Trident C60 Orange/Yellow dial leather strap alternatives

Post by Craig64 »

Hi all

I thought I would share my purchasing experience here, regarding aftermarket leather straps for the trident C60:

I bought my orange dial and special edition yellow dial Tridents with the stainless bracelets. I was unsure about how these would look and feel on a leather strap. So I purchased two inexpensive genuine calf leather straps from watchstrapstore.co.uk.

For less than £15 each, both straps have proved to be really good quality, being very soft and supple, with the bold contrasting stitching matching the dial colour really well. Their stainless steel buckles are also strong and well finished.

The only downside, and I realise potential no go for some, is that they obviously don’t bear the CW logo.

Anyway, I have included this image to show how they look on the watch:
E386B8F4-9770-4A50-B797-4F55322E77DA.jpeg
Regards
Craig
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Trident C60 Orange/Yellow dial leather strap alternatives

Post by Markornot »

What do you mean by no logo on the strap. I think most folks here have straps from many different vendors for their CW’s. If you mean the buckle, it’s quite easy to swap out to the CW buckle. Looks good!
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Markornot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:07 pm What do you mean by no logo on the strap. I think most folks here have straps from many different vendors for their CW’s. If you mean the buckle, it’s quite easy to swap out to the CW buckle. Looks good!
What I meant by no logo, is that the leather straps in question have buckles that do not carry the CW stamp, and the straps themselves do not have the embossed CW logo on the leather. Of course this is to be expected for an alternative to a pucker genuine CW strap.
Regards
Craig
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

[/quote]
What I meant by no logo, is that the leather straps in question have buckles that do not carry the CW stamp
[/quote]

The original CW buckle can be removed with spring bar tool to replace the buckle on the new strap. I usually do this with a new strap as long as the holes are near the same dimension of the buckle pin.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Markornot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:04 pm
The original CW buckle can be removed with spring bar tool to replace the buckle on the new strap. I usually do this with a new strap as long as the holes are near the same dimension of the buckle pin.
Me too. I end up buying OEM straps just to get the right buckles on occasion. The strap itself does not bother me (the logo is normally hidden anyway) but in general I loath plain buckles/clasps as the watch looks unfinished IMHO, eg the latest CW Baders.

Seiko annoy me immensely in this respect, finding suitable buckles for after market straps is a nightmare.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Those straps look great, excellent colour match and appear to fit really well at the case :thumbup:
As far as having a CW buckle is concerned - doesn't bother me in the slightest
(but if it did, I'd just swap one over)