After market bracelets?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

After market bracelets?

Post by jkbarnes »

As I drool over the new C65 Trident auto and the C65 GMT, and ponder my long range plans to acquire both, I find myself thinking about strap/bracelet options for them. Would it be safe to assume they make use of the same SS bracelet, so that in theory I could move the bracelet between the watches?

On to my question about after market bracelets. Are there after market bracelets that will fit CW watches properly? I’d love to see the C65 GMT on a jubilee style bracelet.
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: After market bracelets?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

As they use the same case, I feel it would be safe to assume that bracelets are interchangeable between the;-

C65 Trident Diver
C65 Trident GMT
C65 Trident Auto

As to aftermarket Jubilee straps fitting a C65, don't know.

I think Gary (@gaf1958) has found that a CW bracelet will fit other brand watches (where those bracelets cost somewhat more than CW ones) but not the other way around.

It might be worth checking out strapcode / MilTAT who have a wide range of bracelets. There might be something of interest.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm As they use the same case, I feel it would be safe to assume that bracelets are interchangeable between the;-

C65 Trident Diver
C65 Trident GMT
C65 Trident Auto

I think Gary (@gaf1958) has found that a CW bracelet will fit other brand watches (where those bracelets cost somewhat more than CW ones) but not the other way around.

It might be worth checking out strapcode / MilTAT who have a wide range of bracelets. There might be something of interest.

Guy
Thanks for the feedback, Guy.
Drew
Leatherseat

Post by Leatherseat »

Not trying to hijack the thread, but to expand it a little - I have changed a leather strap before, which wasn't too time consuming, not sure I'd want to do it regularly, though.

How easy is it to change from or to a bracelet?
Is it realistic to swap straps every few days to wear the same strap on different watches?

Thanks,

David
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Flat ended leather straps are quite easy with good tools and a bit of practice.

I find bracelets more tricky because of the shoulders.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Wintersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Wintersports »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm As they use the same case, I feel it would be safe to assume that bracelets are interchangeable between the;-

C65 Trident Diver
C65 Trident GMT
C65 Trident Auto

Guy
Would anyone know which of the strapcode 'oysters' would fit the large C65, or does a Kingfisher bracelet fit.

I discovered [having bought a strap-ed] trident and hoping that my Rapide bracelet would fit that... they don't :(.
C7 Rapide Mk2,
Tag Aquaracer
Breitling Superocean Chrono
Omega Seamaster Vintage 1947
Panerai on Metta Catharina Strap
Cartier Santos - worn by Mrs
Two Steinharts, Phoibos, Keinzle
Parnis. Heimdallr Willard, Steeldive bronze... all boys' toys
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Wintersports wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 pm

C65 Trident Diver
C65 Trident GMT
C65 Trident Auto

Guy
Would anyone know which of the strapcode 'oysters' would fit the large C65, or does a Kingfisher bracelet fit.

I discovered [having bought a strap-ed] trident and hoping that my Rapide bracelet would fit that... they don't :(.
What do you mean by 'large' C65? The new case or the old C65 Classic 43mm case?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@wintersports - when you say a large C65 Trident, do you mean the 43mm C65 Trident Classic (non-Diver with plain fixed bezel)?

If so the C6/C60 Kingfisher and C60 Trident MkI bracelet should fit, along with the currently available nearly new bracelets.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Wintersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Wintersports »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 pm @wintersports - when you say a large C65 Trident, do you mean the 43mm C65 Trident Classic (non-Diver with plain fixed bezel)?

If so the C6/C60 Kingfisher and C60 Trident MkI bracelet should fit, along with the currently available nearly new bracelets.

Guy

Cheers - yes the 43mm one. I was curious to see if there were non Ward ones that fit [and look ok] too
C7 Rapide Mk2,
Tag Aquaracer
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Wintersports wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 pm @wintersports - when you say a large C65 Trident, do you mean the 43mm C65 Trident Classic (non-Diver with plain fixed bezel)?

Guy

Cheers - yes the 43mm one. I was curious to see if there were non Ward ones that fit [and look ok] too
My opinion, for what it’s worth, don’t bother. The CW bracelets are fantastic for the money, especially at nearly new prices using the links Guy gave. If they were £500+ bracelets then, fair enough, look for cheaper, but at £84 for a CW one with Ratchet clasp it’s a no brainer to be honest.
Wintersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Wintersports »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 pm
Wintersports wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Guy

My opinion, for what it’s worth, don’t bother. The CW bracelets are fantastic for the money, especially at nearly new prices using the links Guy gave. If they were £500+ bracelets then, fair enough, look for cheaper, but at £84 for a CW one with Ratchet clasp it’s a no brainer to be honest.
You re right, it s one of these things where TBh I don't wear it that much [I ve listed for sale, unlisted and so on] but I probably ought to get the real deal on it.
C7 Rapide Mk2,
Tag Aquaracer
balmerian

Post by balmerian »

Leatherseat wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:57 pm Not trying to hijack the thread, but to expand it a little - I have changed a leather strap before, which wasn't too time consuming, not sure I'd want to do it regularly, though.

How easy is it to change from or to a bracelet?
Is it realistic to swap straps every few days to wear the same strap on different watches?

Thanks,

David
It is very easy to swap braclets and straps, Most nights I will swap a strap and once you get the hang of it it's quite easy. It takes me 5 minutes max.