Barton Elite Silicon

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Barton Elite Silicon

Post by oberonfoto »

Just got a Barton Elite Silicon - Black top/Pumpkin Orange bottom - for my C60 Trident Pro. So easy to fit and looks great. Only one wee snag and that was one of the spring bars is a bit on the tight side to get it to lock into the lugs. Have seen a couple more on their web site and I will be buying from them again - Austin Tx to Dumfries took 6-days. :thumbup:
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Barton Elite Silicon

Post by H0rati0 »

My experiences with Barton Silicone Elite have also been first class. As above, easy to fit, high quality and the two tones look subtle and classy. No problems with lint and fluff, they are a comfortable, totally practical strap for everyday use. I did have a small problem with one strap and Barton replaced it immediately, no question.

My only caveat (nothing to do with Barton per se) for use on the hefty Trident is that it is perhaps a little too thin, the CW rubber is much chunkier and suits better IMHO. On slightly thinner watches, no reservations, great strap.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I just wanted to commend Barton for their great customer service.

I ordered 4 straps from them recently, they arrived when i was on holiday so by the time I got around to looking at them and deciding that I wanted to return them, nearly 4 weeks had passed. I emailed Barton to say I wanted to return 2 of them. The following day I got an email saying no problem, the refund has been processed and to just send the straps back at my convenience with no need for tracking etc. The money indeed was back on my credit card very quickly.

I know the sums of money aren't large, the refund was $45, but nevertheless what a fast response and refunding me on trust is very impressive.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Order a few straps from them, very good quality but just been hit with a import charge on my last order :thumbdown:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Probably gonna cost me a few more quid than ordering direct but I’m gonna try a couple of Barton’s via Amazon for the new Pinion. It’s already had a few ‘harsh’ strap changes resulting in a few scratches inside the lugs so I fancy giving these quick release straps a try for it. Anyone any experience with their leather and canvas straps please?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I have 2 silicon Barton straps - one direct from the US, the other from Amazon in the UK. Both are nice, soft and comfortable.

The one from the US came with a free shorter version of the strap which was a nice surprise along with a Barton straps sticker - the one from Amazon UK didn't and was either a return or just unsealed.

I would buy again, but I would wait for the right offer from https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/ and if buying multiple straps buy them separately so no duty!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

what-time-is-it wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 pm I have 2 silicon Barton straps - one direct from the US, the other from Amazon in the UK. Both are nice, soft and comfortable.

The one from the US came with a free shorter version of the strap which was a nice surprise along with a Barton straps sticker - the one from Amazon UK didn't and was either a return or just unsealed.

I would buy again, but I would wait for the right offer from https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/ and if buying multiple straps buy them separately so no duty!
Cheers, Chris. It was the duty aspect that pushed me towards amazon. Not keen if you don’t get both strap sizes though on the Elite though. I haven’t much patience sometimes and Amazon have one of the leather and canvas I fancy trying in stock that I can get tomorrow on prime. May try them and use Barton direct for the Elite silicon.

Edit; Just checked Amazon and it confirms the Elite Silicon does come with both strap lengths
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

At the time (April) it cost me $18 delivered with no additional fees - delivery took approx. 10 days and arrived via Royal Mail. Went with them as my Tudor Bronze has a 23mm lug which as you know isn't the most common.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I’ve a top grain leather which is wonderfully subtle to wear. Very good quality for the price. My only niggle is that these are straight with no taper.
Tim
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

timor54 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:51 pm I’ve a top grain leather which is wonderfully subtle to wear. Very good quality for the price. My only niggle is that these are straight with no taper.
Cheers Tim. I was afraid, looking at the pics, that they didn’t taper. Think I’ll try one anyway as I have a 22mm Pinion Black buckle that I can drop onto it. I normally prefer a tapered strap but none of my fabric straps are tapered so worth a go for a change.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

I'm sure there's another thread here about Barton straps but I have a couple of leather and canvas ones which are great. I also bought from Amazon as quicker and less hassle although slightly more expensive.

Would definitely recommend.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Danbailey007 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:57 pm I also bought from Amazon as quicker and less hassle although slightly more expensive.
That’s my exact thoughts, a few quid for quicker and less hassle sounds good to me :thumbup:
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I’ve bought their silicons direct because singularly they usually come in under the duty threshold and are delivered quickly.

The leathers are that bit much more expensive so I used Amazon for that.
Tim
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

H0rati0 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:27 am My experiences with Barton Silicone Elite have also been first class. As above, easy to fit, high quality and the two tones look subtle and classy. No problems with lint and fluff, they are a comfortable, totally practical strap for everyday use. I did have a small problem with one strap and Barton replaced it immediately, no question.

My only caveat (nothing to do with Barton per se) for use on the hefty Trident is that it is perhaps a little too thin, the CW rubber is much chunkier and suits better IMHO. On slightly thinner watches, no reservations, great strap.

nik
I feel the same way about them being a little thin for some watches. I purchased a 20mm black and red version for my Sinn 104 and it looks too thin for the watch. I put it on for a few days and it didn't do anything for me and have not used it since. Maybe the 22mm version looks more substantial on a thinner watch.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

The Barton’s are a good quality silicon strap at a nice price. I do wish that the contrasting color on the bottom of their straps would wrap up to the edging as it almost imperceptible when viewing the stap on the wrist straight on.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage