Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
dcespede
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Quality Watch Straps

Post by dcespede »

Hi Folks,

What do you think is the best quality or bang for buck when it comes to purchasing a leather strap for my watch.

I am familiar with Hadley Roma, Hirsch, but im curious as to your thoughts on those or better quality straps out there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Quality Watch Straps

Post by downer »

If you want some constructive responses, I think it would be worthwhile to focus your question a little...

The market for watch straps is massive and it really depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

To add to that, it depends on the type of watch you are looking to fit up.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
dcespede
Junior
Junior

Post by dcespede »

So I am particularly looking for a smooth but thick leather watch strap to match with my Swiss Army Chronograph classic XLS. I dont have a particular budget in mind, but would like to stay under $40. I have a Shinola Runwell and the strap that comes with that is wonderful. It is thick, and good quality leather. They are just a bit pricey to buy from the website.

I know that many leather watch straps are gator print, but i am not a fan of the print.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

dcespede wrote:So I am particularly looking for a smooth but thick leather watch strap to match with my Swiss Army Chronograph classic XLS. I dont have a particular budget in mind, but would like to stay under $40. I have a Shinola Runwell and the strap that comes with that is wonderful. It is thick, and good quality leather. They are just a bit pricey to buy from the website.

I know that many leather watch straps are gator print, but i am not a fan of the print.
Steveo straps would be great for you then. Send him a photo of the watch, give him a few pointers and he will make one for you that will do you proud!

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

Try Colareb straps in Italy. Available direct, or on eBay. Wonderful quality. http://www.colareb.it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
dcespede
Junior
Junior

Post by dcespede »

smegwina wrote:
dcespede wrote:So I am particularly looking for a smooth but thick leather watch strap to match with my Swiss Army Chronograph classic XLS. I dont have a particular budget in mind, but would like to stay under $40. I have a Shinola Runwell and the strap that comes with that is wonderful. It is thick, and good quality leather. They are just a bit pricey to buy from the website.

Steveo straps would be great for you then. Send him a photo of the watch, give him a few pointers and he will make one for you that will do you proud!

They look like quality straps from the looks of it. What is the price range of these straps? I would imagine kind of high since he custom makes them. (and the fact that it takes two hours per strap)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I've been very pleased with Crown & Buckle (also USA based for you) straps.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

dcespede wrote:
smegwina wrote:

They look like quality straps from the looks of it. What is the price range of these straps? I would imagine kind of high since he custom makes them. (and the fact that it takes two hours per strap)
Most of Steveo's straps run around $50 US plus $8 or so for shipping. Slightly more than your budget, but handmade and custom, so maybe worth a little bit of extra $.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
dcespede
Junior
Junior

Post by dcespede »

Most of Steveo's straps run around $50 US plus $8 or so for shipping. Slightly more than your budget, but handmade and custom, so maybe worth a little bit of extra $.[/quote]

Thats a great deal for custom handmade straps. Im definitely going to give them a look.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by smegwina »

dcespede wrote:Most of Steveo's straps run around $50 US plus $8 or so for shipping. Slightly more than your budget, but handmade and custom, so maybe worth a little bit of extra $.
Thats a great deal for custom handmade straps. Im definitely going to give them a look.[/quote]

Sorry, didn't notice your question.

As was said, they are about 60bucks delivered. (You can also specify bespoke buckles special leathers etc etc which will push the price up but the standard stuff is fantastic value)

The beauty is that you can specify all sorts of colouring, finishing, sizing etc for a remarkable price that is far less than many off the shelf straps.

Rollemynot

Post by Rollemynot »

+1 from me for Steveo

Check my C8 in the gallery section
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

Post by monkwearmouth »

Try Toshi straps in the UK, for inspiration at least. You could also have a wander round etsy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by yuri9206 »

Try Junky Strap in U.K.
They have great strap at good prices
C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
mcb2007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mcb2007 »

http://www.martuleather.com

Some nice work and not bad prices.
I am nameless I am shameless, I can be the purist soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.