stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: New straps for my reverso

Post by stefs »

strapline wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:13 am
Two lovely straps there! I think the brown works very well with the dark dial, and the blue with the light dial. That watch is magnificent, imo, one of the very best I've seen on the forum. That Reverso would look good worn on a piece of masking tape. :lol:
that made me laugh but you are probably right :lol:
Cheers now
Paul
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by stefs »

Qubo wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am
Both really work well.

On balance, the brown strap is likely a little more versatile. Where did you get the blue one? Is it available with different colour stitching?

I am looking for a gingerbread colour strap for my one.
Thanks Robin
Both straps are the same. Radstock vintage from watchgeko. I think there are about 5 colour options. The leather is super soft and I would have no hesitation recommending.
Cheers now
Paul
scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Blue beats that brown hands down.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 26
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

The blue looks good, Paul, particularly with the contrast stitching.

How about a blue Cordovan from CW? Assuming you can get it in the correct lug width.

Guy
C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 S'hurst-Diver-GMT| C1000
stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by stefs »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:38 pm

How about a blue Cordovan from CW? Assuming you can get it in the correct lug width.

Guy
19mm lug tapering to 16 rules out a lot including any cw Guy. To be honest I am very happy with these two so won't need any more for it
Cheers now
Paul
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 26
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

stefs wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Guy
19mm lug tapering to 16 rules out a lot including any cw Guy. To be honest I am very happy with these two so won't need any more for it
Fair enough. I had a suspicion lug width might be an issue.

Guy
C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Bronze| C60 Apex-Elite GMT| C65 S'hurst-Diver-GMT| C1000
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 »

Beautiful watch (though admit to bias when it comes to JLC and the Reverso in particular). IMHO the blue works best with the silvered dial (love that guilloche) while black and tan is always a great combination, the tan works for both faces. I like the JLC strap too - you can't go wrong, well maybe avoid the masking tape.....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by StrapMeister »

Absolutely superb watch Paul :thumbup:

Having read the posts here, my comments may be a little controversial albeit I stress it's just my opinion and you go with what you like and are happy with.

I don't think the brown strap works particularly well - too much of a contrast - a darker brown strap might work better.

As for the vintage blue strap, love the vintage blue/black patina which works particularly well with the hands and numbers, BUT, I'm not sure about the contrast stitching! - imo, it would be perfect if it had white contrast stitching.
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow).
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C9 FLE.
Freewheelers Emergency Voluntary Service (Blood Bikes) https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/
JAFO
Senior
Senior

Post by JAFO »

I think a honey brown cordovan would look great on this. I have a CW cordovan with bader clasp and a Rios Chicago (I think it's a Chicago - it's honey brown with a white stitch anyway), but on a standard tang fastener. Different width for a different watch.

Both straps are a gorgeous colour, and have a lovely smooth finish. They seem to Mr to improve with age as well.