CW Bracelet Tubes and Pins

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Chuckracer

CW Bracelet Tubes and Pins

Post by Chuckracer »

Hi, I searched to no avail. I have a 2015 MkII Trident 43mm. What size bracelet tubes and pins do I need? I've lost/damaged a couple and wish to replace several as this was my first tube-and-pin bracelet and I've since learned to buy the correct tools and be gentle.

Or if this information is on the site somewhere, please direct me?

Thanks!

0uatiOW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW Bracelet Tubes and Pins

Post by 0uatiOW »

It’s not on the site & CW doesn’t sell them (to my knowledge).

If you’ve removed some links, and don’t need them tight now, then I wouldn’t worry about it. If you find you need them, or decide to sell, then a watchmaker should be able to get you some.

And don’t be too hard on yourself - we’ve all done it - those things are tiny. Somewhere there’s a big pile of pins, collars & spingbars, swept into a corner....
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

richtel
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

I'd certainly contact CW Customer Service. They might well have a small supply they can let you have- I've done that in the past after buying a watch which teh original owner has mangled a pin. Give them a try- that's the easiest route.

Alternatively,
The pins from a 43mm trident Mk2 are 17.5mm long, 1mm thick
and the collars are 10mm long, OD 1.32mm
There's a compressed ring in the centre of both pin and collar for a positive centre detent which might not be the case with after-market fittings.

There's a chance that the Mk3 bracelet fittings are the same. I'm getting a bracelet for my Mk3 over the next week or so, so I can check those dimensions- at least that opens other avenues if they're the same.

Chuckracer

Post by Chuckracer »

Thank you gentlemen. This pin fell out when I took the watch out of it's box after wearing my new NTH for a couple weeks and the pin simply fell out. I found it but not the collar which makes me wonder if it was even in there. I do know better but that doesn't necessarily mean I did better.
I took the last pin and collar I have out of a spare link pair but this means I have no spares...and there's another that seems to want to work it's way out I've been keeping my eye on. I guess I better put it on something else as I source parts. I won't repeat the cries but after messing with the screws on my NTH bracelet, that's a better system.

I will contact C Ward to ask them about spares first, good advice thanks!

JAFO
Senior
Senior

Post by JAFO »

I must say I can't see anyway my watches with pins and collars could work their way out, but I guess it depends on the watch. When I watched the long Island watch video about pins and collars, the Seiko watch Mark uses has the collar visible from the edge of the bracelet, and he was able to ease the pins into collars by hand. There is no way I could do mine by hand. I imagine if you can ease them on with finger pressure, they can ease themselves out again, as the bracelet links move.

In the ones I have, the pins are placed in one of inner links of a jubilee bracelet, which appear to have slightly bigger holes than the outer links, so you can only get the collars into the inner links. It then takes a whole lot of force to get the pins all the way through. Once they are in, they are in for good.

Chuckracer

Post by Chuckracer »

This watch has some miles on it, it's a 2015 and I have a hunch a previous owner rode same learning curve I did with it.

Chuckracer

Post by Chuckracer »

No love from CW. Guess I'll scour the aftermarket. Esslinger has been great to deal with so far.

richtel
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Newly arrived mk3 bracelet.

Pins are 17.5mm long, 1.1mm thick
Collars are 12mm long, OD 1.4mm

So not the same I'm afraid.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

richtel wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Newly arrived mk3 bracelet.

Pins are 17.5mm long, 1.1mm thick
Collars are 12mm long, OD 1.4mm

So not the same I'm afraid.
Was thinking something similar, having resized a Mk3 bracelet today.

Collars are longer than the Mk2 bracelet, to match the wider central section of the link.

Guy
C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Elite GMT| C65 S'hurst-Diver-GMT-AM GT| C70 HRDC| C1000