C60 Trident Date-Date COSC | Impressions

Documentation and CW-related information
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: C60 Trident Date-Date COSC | Impressions

Post by nbg »

I have never understood why anyone would pay extra to buy the COSC version of a CW. I think that only a couple of my CWs run outside of COSC spec and they are still less than +10 seconds a day.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
pljwork
CW-watches: 1

Post by pljwork »

hughesyn wrote:
pljwork wrote:
Just checked the COSC certificate that came with the watch and it makes interesting reading.

If I am reading it correctly.
Day 14 & 15 it was tested vertically 6 o'clock up. The results were a loss of 4.56 and 4.52. Now that is how the watch sits on the wrist for me most of the day. How can CW claim that it works within tolerance when most of the time it is in a position to lose more time than COSC certifications allow and in fact how can it be given certification when 2 of the tests fall outside the permitted range ?

Great lets take the average times so if ever I walk around with my hand bent back and arm above my head it only loses .45 seconds a day - Problem solved !. What a joke.
I think you are expecting too much from a mechanical watch.
Or buy an Omega or Rolex who have better standards that COSC.
Thanks for the advice. I plan to look at Omega.

Regards
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

^^^ The Omega Master Chronometers are supposed to be good for 0 to +5 seconds per day and come with a METAS certificate as well as a COSC certificate.

However, the new Aqua Terra is probably the cheapest at about £ 4000.
The new model (with Master Chronometer on the dial instead of Master Coaxial, date at 6) only came out recently, not sure if they are in the shops yet.

Whether a few seconds per day accuracy is worth spending 5 times the price of the CW is up to you.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
pljwork

Post by pljwork »

Thanks all.

The question in my mind is was the CW worth more than the £260 Seiko I had which gained 3 seconds a day.
Personally I would rather wear a watch that was fast than slow so in my mind no.

Regards
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

pljwork wrote:Thanks all.

The question in my mind is was the CW worth more than the £260 Seiko I had which gained 3 seconds a day.
Personally I would rather wear a watch that was fast than slow so in my mind no.

Regards
Bombast. An Omega can run slow, too.

Quartz should not gain 3 seconds per day, so something is wrong there. If you are looking for dependable accuracy without a mainspring, buy quartz or atomic.

My C60 DayDate COSC: accuracy at about +.25 seconds per day, or +1 second every 4 days.

My Rolex Submariner, after its last overhaul: + 15 seconds per day. And so it goes.
Gregory
pljwork

Post by pljwork »

Hi. It is an automatic...otherwise I would be comparing apples to pears
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

pljwork wrote:Hi. It is an automatic...otherwise I would be comparing apples to pears
:lol: Okay. Remove that sentence.
Gregory
AE41500
Junior
Junior

Post by AE41500 »

Mine runs better an better. Have used it on my arm appr. 95 % of time since I bought it and the last two months it is only +21 sec. fast. Very satisfied with this and the watch in total!
pljwork

Post by pljwork »

AE41500 wrote:Mine runs better an better. Have used it on my arm appr. 95 % of time since I bought it and the last two months it is only +21 sec. fast. Very satisfied with this and the watch in total!
Good to hear some perform well ! :thumbup:

Mine will be going into my 'drawer' as I just can't stand losing time. Back to wearing the Seiko ! :thumbdown:
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

I am also the happy owner of the C60 Day Date COSC. I wear it Monday - Friday and wind it over the weekend. After 3 weeks it is approx 10 sec slow. Very happy with this.Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

And such a handsome face. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Gregory
pmareschal

Re: C60 Trident Day-Date COSC | Impressions

Post by pmareschal »

Hello,

I'm a happy owner of a C60 Trident Day-Date COSC.
For the first two weeks, the watch didn't move more than a second ahead. Fantastic.

Then I went to the pool and, no, I don't swim with my 200m depth-rated watch (I consider it a piece of jewelry.) I should have.
I left it in the locker, with my phone, which is in a leather pouch.

When I put my watch back on, it had waited for me: It was 20 minutes late! I put it back on time, and the morning after, it was almost 2 minutes ahead... It took me a whole weekend to think about what happened: My watch had been sitting over the closing magnet of my leather pouch.
Indeed, when I waved it over a compass, the compass would slightly deviate.

I demagnetized it and it is now back within COSC with a +4 or +5 seconds per day. I suspect there is a small residual magnetism that still affect the watch.

So please, make sure you keep your watch away from magnets.

To CW designers: Would it be conceivable to make dive watch ISO 6425 compliant? The ISO 6425 certification includes a ISO 764 certification which might have avoided my problem. (I don't know neither the strength of a snapping magnet, nor the time exposure to the magnet to affect the watch.)

It seems that closing snapping magnet, phones, and other electronic devices regularly affect mechanical watches. So I think that a basic protection against those would be welcomed.

As fas as design goes, I prefer straight-shaped hands (especially the hour hand), but this is a question of taste. It does not affect the elegant design of the watch. Simply thank you to CW for making COSC affordable on a nice, elegant dive watch.

My only experience with automatic watches is a 10 year old Seiko SKXA35 that has been performing extremely well (less that 2 min. deviation/month, better than COSC! I paid 140USD in 2007.) I only had it cleaned (serviced) twice in 10 years. I wear it daily, and while I don't dare diving with my CW, my Seiko has a few hundreds logged dives. It seems that its underlying 7S26 caliber is a strong contender for cheap, reliable, precise movement. Oh, and BTW, it has a magnetic resistance of 4,800 A/m (60 gauss) ;-).

Best regards

P.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'm sure the white day date cosc trident had been removed from the website, but it appears to be back...
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch ... date-cosc2
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

After almost 4 months I am losing on average 5-6 seconds a week - wearing it during the week and sometimes on winder during weekend. Happy with this. Delivers on its promise. Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
pljwork

Post by pljwork »

Just an update. My C60 Trident is still testing at a loss of 5.4 seconds per day. Might not seem a lot but still annoys the hell out of me. As it is almost a year old I guess a service may help but after reading reviews on CW servicing I think I'll take it to an independent and maybe they can improve the accuracy a bit.