C60 Trident Pro 600 review

Documentation and CW-related information
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

C60 Trident Pro 600 review

Post by eggtronics »

I’m sure you’re fairly well aware that I’m quite the fan of Christopher Ward watches. Not only are they a British company, which will ultimately get my support anyway, but they’re consistently releasing outstanding Swiss Made watches for the price. This is due to them being one of the first proper “online only” manufacturers – so they keep a low overhead.

Here latest release is a complete remake of their best selling watch, the excellent C60 Trident. This is now available in 4 variants; the Quartz, the standard auto, the GMT, and the COSC auto with their new in-house SH21 movement.

The watch we’re looking at now is the auto, or should I say, the “Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600″. It’ll cost you £600, which is a big step up in price from the last Trident auto. But, you do get a far superior watch. Let’s look a little closer to see why this is the case.

Continue reading here:
http://www.watchitallabout.com/christop ... ch-review/

When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 review

Post by DEV.Woulf »

As usual, really great review and pictures. I think one of the main competition for the new Trident is the Oris Aquis. The Aquis' street price is similar to the Trident's. Being some of few dress divers with a ceramic/sapphire bezel and a Swiss movement, for me they are now competing head to head. Also, the C65 bracelet can be ordered with the Trident instead (I think?) if you want to avoid the marks that come with polished links. I'm not sure if the C65 bracelet has the micro adjustment improvement, though.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Another excellent review Josh! :thumbup: The photos are also excellent and I hope you will add a couple to the Reference Gallery.

Just a couple of comments. I have never understood the issue with the original 5 hole clasp. Yes, 2 holes were rendered unusable by the divers clasp which left 3 usable as the current bracelet clasp has. This was the way it was meant to be. When the clasp was used on the other watches you had the use of all 5 which did allowed a bit more flexibility on those. The clasp was made this way as a cost saving so as not to have to have 2 clasps in inventory.

Due to complaints about the holes being unusable, the clasp was redone and now has only 3 holes across the board instead of 5. People have lost the flexibility of the 5 hole clasp on watches that do not have the divers clasp, such as the C65, and no complaints. I don't understand it. :?

As to bracelet adjustments....we hear this complaint a lot about how difficult it is to remove the pins. The pin and collar system is far more secure and durable than a cotter pin. A bit trickier to remove but far better. I am willing to bet that I have adjusted more of these than most people, including my own. The only time I have had a problem is if I use the wrong pin size to push out. With the use of proper tools, more specifically a .60 pin size, this is not an issue.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Chris_W
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Chris_W »

A great review and stunning pictures.
When I look at a watch the last thing I look at is the time.

Chr Ward C60 MKII Red Bezel '0008'
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Lovely!

May I congratulate you on your good taste Sir!
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Omegatron24

Post by Omegatron24 »

Great review. I now own the 600 and the original (number 200 something). The only thing that drives me crazy is that the location of the spring bars between the lugs has changed. I know this because I have a NATO that I always wore my old one on that just barely fits on my new one. I actually cannot put the NATO on without removing the spring bars...its too thick to just slide into place. Not sure what in the world would motivate them to push the spring bars closer to the case, except maybe to get a cleaner look when placed on a traditional two-piece strap. But for a company that sold this exact watch on a NATO, I'm surprised they didn't realize this side-effect.
Jian

Post by Jian »

The watch is beautiful. Not as distinctive as the C6 ever was but I think I will be buying the black bezel with white face. The coloured faces are great but with the coloured bezel they are tto much.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Omegatron24 wrote:Great review. I now own the 600 and the original (number 200 something). The only thing that drives me crazy is that the location of the spring bars between the lugs has changed. I know this because I have a NATO that I always wore my old one on that just barely fits on my new one. I actually cannot put the NATO on without removing the spring bars...its too thick to just slide into place. Not sure what in the world would motivate them to push the spring bars closer to the case, except maybe to get a cleaner look when placed on a traditional two-piece strap. But for a company that sold this exact watch on a NATO, I'm surprised they didn't realize this side-effect.
If you can't fit a NATO between the spring bar and the case, try using curved spring bars. These will give enough room for most NATOS to be used.
jm031689
Junior
Junior

Post by jm031689 »

Excellent review. I bought the trident with leather nato but after reading this I see the appeal of the bracelet. Oddly your lume looks blue too me, whereas mine is definitely green...
biglove
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by biglove »

Just arrived Monday here in the US, an early birthday gift from the wife...

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
jm031689
Junior
Junior

Post by jm031689 »

Happy birthday biglove. What a gift!
cnoneill
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by cnoneill »

biglove wrote:Just arrived Monday here in the US, an early birthday gift from the wife...

I have the same piece, it's a fantastic watch, enjoy!
Timefactors Speedbird PRS-22 GMT
Seiko SKX007
Seiko SRP777
vaughnfjetland

Post by vaughnfjetland »

What great photos and a great review. Thank you!
1 PGH 1
Junior
Junior

Post by 1 PGH 1 »

Beautiful watches. Great review, thank you. I have a black/black combo already, so seriously thinking about the maroon bezel. The PCLs will be a scratch magnet, but just best to wear it and not worry about them.
Twigs312
CW-watches: 1

Post by Twigs312 »

Just ordered the C60 all blue version and can't wait for it to arrive. Pics coming soon!