C2 Review

Documentation and CW-related information
officerdibble

C2 Review

Post by officerdibble »

I have been absent from these parts for some time.

The reason was the C13. I wanted it as soon as I saw it and ordered one on the first day it went on pre-sale.

Having waited patiently for it to arrive I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I tried the watch on and realised that it was just way too bulky for my lady-like wrists.

The famous CW return policy was called into action and I went away to lick my wounds.

Just before Christmas my Oris stopped working (again) and I kept my promise to it not to waste any more money on getting it repaired. So I started a serious watch hunt. I looked at everything - lots of brands mentioned here, the big brands, you name it I either Googled it or tried it on. I went down to Jura watches to try on the Ball Watch Company models they had there, but all were too bulky for me.

In the end I decided an Omega Aqua Terra Quartz was the best option. I wanted a quartz watch - I know, I know, but the Oris has been a pain the proverbial - and I liked the classic style. I tracked them down to about £800 or so from those non-authorised internet retailers (what's all that about!).

But I bought a house and priorities changed. Suddenly there were thirty things I could spend that money on.

By chance Monkey texted me about his latest CWL acquisition and I went back to the site to look again.

I'd always liked the C2 Lido but was sure the 40mm diameter was going to be too big for my wrist.

But I noticed that the watch wasn't as deep as many I'd looked at. I have a Suunto Heart Rate monitor that I use which is 41mm, but because of the slim design it actually looks alright on my wrist.

I contacted Wera, explained that there was a 50:50 chance the watch wouldn't suit me given the diameter and asked if she was happy for me to buy one on that basis; I didn't want to mess CWL about - I knew it was a long shot.

Well, Wera said I should go ahead, and I'm very happy I did.

I went for the C2SWS metal bracelet option and it's superb.

The quality of the watch is as good as anything else I've looked at (and better than most), but what sets it apart is the design - it looks good from every angle, there isn't a side to it I don't like.

I know it's really hard (impossible?) to capture the way a watch looks in a photograph, but this one really does look so much better in the flesh.

I get what everyone else is raving about.

And I can't believe how much more money I could have spent on a watch that I couldn't have liked more than this one.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C2 Review

Post by Kip »

Thanks for the nice story with the happy ending. So glad it all worked out for the best.

Good luck with the new house and don't be a stranger.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Evenin Officer :D Glad you finally found one you like, having seen a couple of mine!!

The C2 does look a nice watch in the photo's, so if it's better in the flesh then all the better, and just think of the ££'s that you saved!! :)

Enjoy 8)
John
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by shrink »

I do really like the C2... reminds me of older Seiko's from the 70's and 80's and in that way its excellently stylish.

If it was an auto I'd be all over it, genuinely not interested in buying quartz watches.
Who watches the watch-men
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

shrink wrote:I do really like the C2... reminds me of older Seiko's from the 70's and 80's and in that way its excellently stylish.

If it was an auto I'd be all over it, .
I second that...i still buy the odd quartz but i just think the C2 is just missing something as a quartz.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Congrats on the purchase OD and welcome! C2 is a great watch with classic looks.

Also, this thread really needs a pic:

danny_n
Senior
Senior

Post by danny_n »

Sorry to hijack slightly but it doesn't matter how many times you post that pic, El Tiempo, you won't see it for real again for a good long time! Revel in team's past glories!!
officerdibble

Post by officerdibble »

Here you go...

Snapped in haste so not really doing the classic looks justice.

mike
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by mike »

Looking good :D
Mike

CWL - C4SSS | C6SYSK | C6SBS | C7STT | C2LE
Omega Seamaster
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

Yep great looking watch, I am still hoping that CW do an auto version this year. C2 in an auto would be a classic in the making.

Andy
Andy
officerdibble

Post by officerdibble »

Except I would have to remind myself that I did want a quartz all along and not buy two watches that were otherwise very similar.

One thought on the auto version (which would be a classic, classic no doubt), would it be deeper?

In most watches 40mm diameter is too much for my lady-wrists, but the CWL sits very nicely because it's relatively slim. In fact, the overall shape of the bracelet and case is extremely well designed IMHO.

I mention this just in case anyone else has wrist issues and is tempted by the C2 but is holding out for an auto. Might save them a wait if they don't want anything too bulky.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Nice one Phil......the watch looks nice 8)

I would have thought the auto would definately be deeper, but by how much....don't know????

I tried on a TAG Carrera not long ago which is an auto chrono, so different mov't, and that was quite a bit deeper than my C7, so not sure if I'd get away with it?!!

Anyway.....you weren't going to buy more watches....were you :wink: ...MUST resist, MUST resist, lol 8)
John