Facebook watch fora: I need a break....

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Facebook watch fora: I need a break....

Post by tikkathree »

Maybe we've all got too much screentime thanks to covid-19 but I'm a bit ready to take a break from facebook watch fora where there seems to be a trend for posting pictures of an obvious fake/homage/tourist knock-off watch and a story about this belonged to my ancestors, I found it in a drawer and how much is it worth? :silent:

At least this brand doesn't yet promote the creation of extensive pastichery. :lol: :oops:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: Facebook watch fora: I need a break....

Post by gaf1958 »

I think I’ll follow your example Pete, and take a break from Facebook. Does still it count if I haven’t logged on to Facebook for some 8 or 9 years?

I’m with you in the spirit of what you’ve said though, we don’t suffer the frippery and tomfoolery that’s prevalent on many forums. There’s only so much of that kind of thing that the spirit can take before you’re either broken by it or consumed by it.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Facebook is the scourge of the Earth. Put it down. I deleted my account in 2013 and don’t miss that negative cesspool one bit.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:43 am Facebook is the scourge of the Earth. Put it down. I deleted my account in 2013 and don’t miss that negative cesspool one bit.
+1.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

I similarly got fed up with FB watch forums last year inc. the CW one unfortunately. There seemed to be a prevalence of political posts (some quite extreme) and other spurious or borderline offensive threads etc. I just quit them all and haven't returned.
As an exception I occasionally visit a small FB Kickstarter backers group for one watch which i only visit to get the latest news re production progress.
Its fair to say I havent missed it at all, life's too short for all the tall stories, false claims, nastiness etc.
Agree with Gary in that this group is respectful and pleasant even when challenging or disagreeing. Much nicer place to be.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Soporsche wrote:...a prevalence of political posts (some quite extreme) and other spurious or borderline offensive threads etc.
That’s what Facebook does to everything. It turns everything into a politicized fight, predominantly fought by miserable and immature people.

What’s so interesting about Facebook isn’t how negative and offensive it is. It’s that Facebook is a sociological skeleton key that seems to unlock the worst in people. Even the parts that aren’t overtly offensive still tend to be dragged out of the dredges of the human soul (materialism, vanity, lack of self esteem, etc.).

I’ve said it many times. We will know when the world is truly ready to move beyond division, misery, and negativity when Facebook and Twitter decline. (Watch carefully for the charlatans who use social media to claim they are fighting division) It may just be that those two platforms quickly force mankind to look in the mirror and move on without a prolonged period of introspection that causes even more misery. I’m trying to look at the bright side. Grasping, I suppose.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I don't know why people get so heated up about facebook. For me, as I live abroad, it's great for keeping in touch with friends and family in the UK and Oz. I belong to maybe 8 or 9 groups, but alllow only 4 of those onto my feed. The rest I loook at as and when I choose. I did belong to a few watch groups, but quickly dropped all bar Bremont, which is quite quiet and very civilised. As for the others, there's only so many times I want to see the same watch posted time and again.
'Tis me