One word....... WOW!!!! :shock: :clap:

Thats one way to display them!!!! :2thumbs:
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: Watch storage and/or display

Post by gaf1958 »

Posted previously in a different thread,but still essentially unchanged after our last move...
gaf1958 wrote:My solution is five glass top watch boxes, each on their own shelf, in a 300kg safe bolted to a concrete floor... I know exactly which watch is in which box. Not a solution in all circumstances, but better than having them sitting around for the taking when I'm not there.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

As i have an 8 1/2st dog, ive not felt the need for a safe or metal cabinet but OMG theres some serious storage and display solutions on here...!!! Fair play to you!

As im a lazy git, i prefer to have mine wound for me at all times in this. Got a couple of others but they are single and a double winder seperate.

Wasnt dear and runs quiet enough for it to live on the bedroom drawers and not disturb my ever decreasing sleep :yawn:

20201102_085622.jpg
20201102_085636.jpg
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

Dickchins wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 am As i have an 8 1/2st dog, ive not felt the need for a safe or metal cabinet

:lol: :lol: brilliant!! :lol:

Dickchins wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 am
As im a lazy git, i prefer to have mine wound for me at all times in this. Got a couple of others but they are single and a double winder seperate.

Wasnt dear and runs quiet enough for it to live on the bedroom drawers and not disturb my ever decreasing sleep :yawn:
I really like that and also that it's in a drawer :thumbup:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Dickchins wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:03 am
I have a 12 watch version of this. It's broken, so it operates purely as a display/storage box!
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Today a watch box that I found and purchased on Amazon arrived. When I saw it advertised I thought it looked fantastic, its reviews were frankly stellar. The quality looked amazing, and I thought it looked very classy. Most incredible of all, I got it for £31.99...yes, you did read that right. Looking at it in situ now, on my bookcase, if you told me it was £200 worth I wouldn't doubt you for a minute.

Some specs: It's pretty much 19.5cm square and 10cm deep with the lid closed. It's not lockable but has an extremely well made press fastening contained under the branded flap on the front of the box. The hinges are really well made and screwed in to place exactingly. Though not made of leather, it has faux-type leather finish that looks very much like the real thing. There are six equally sized compartments that will comfortably take watches up to 45mm diameter. The six cushions are equally well finished, and would compress allowing smaller straps to be tightened around them. The inside of the lid is padded with the 'VLANDO' branding, which actually only serves to add to the feeling of overall quality (I had thought it might look cheap). It has a lovely heft and weight when empty, I think it's about a kilo.

I am currently using it to display my Elliot Brown watches and have three spare compartments. I have an idea of what I'd like to eventually fill those compartments, but hey...that's for another time. I am blown away by this product and thought it only right I air it on this forum, I'd like others to be able to share in my good fortune. This box will make the best of a watch costing £50, and would not look out of place housing Patek's or Rolex's. I'm seeing my watches in a completely different light right now, can there be any higher praise.

BTW, as well as coming in black it is available in a teal-type blue with a cream interior.

Des
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

strapline wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 pm Today a watch box that I found and purchased on Amazon arrived. When I saw it advertised I thought it looked fantastic, its reviews were frankly stellar. The quality looked amazing, and I thought it looked very classy. Most incredible of all, I got it for £31.99...yes, you did read that right. Looking at it in situ now, on my bookcase, if you told me it was £200 worth I wouldn't doubt you for a minute.

IMG_0027.jpegIMG_0028.jpegIMG_0026.jpeg
^ Just checked it out on amazon.ca and totally agree that's fantastic looking , especially at that price point! Great suggestion
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

strapline wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 pm Today a watch box that I found and purchased on Amazon arrived. When I saw it advertised I thought it looked fantastic, its reviews were frankly stellar. The quality looked amazing, and I thought it looked very classy. Most incredible of all, I got it for £31.99...yes, you did read that right. Looking at it in situ now, on my bookcase, if you told me it was £200 worth I wouldn't doubt you for a minute.

Some specs: It's pretty much 19.5cm square and 10cm deep with the lid closed. It's not lockable but has an extremely well made press fastening contained under the branded flap on the front of the box. The hinges are really well made and screwed in to place exactingly. Though not made of leather, it has faux-type leather finish that looks very much like the real thing. There are six equally sized compartments that will comfortably take watches up to 45mm diameter. The six cushions are equally well finished, and would compress allowing smaller straps to be tightened around them. The inside of the lid is padded with the 'VLANDO' branding, which actually only serves to add to the feeling of overall quality (I had thought it might look cheap). It has a lovely heft and weight when empty, I think it's about a kilo.

I am currently using it to display my Elliot Brown watches and have three spare compartments. I have an idea of what I'd like to eventually fill those compartments, but hey...that's for another time. I am blown away by this product and thought it only right I air it on this forum, I'd like others to be able to share in my good fortune. This box will make the best of a watch costing £50, and would not look out of place housing Patek's or Rolex's. I'm seeing my watches in a completely different light right now, can there be any higher praise.

BTW, as well as coming in black it is available in a teal-type blue with a cream interior.

Des
Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

Nice looking box and gobsmacked at the price!! Just looked on eBay and several under £50 posted. Also found a couple similar to what Dickchins has at reasonable prices.

Thanks again all for the help :)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Big thank you for the heads up on this box Des. I've now returned the Wolf box I had for my birthday and bought one of these instead.
Pillows compress enough to fit my tiny sized bracelets and the quality is brilliant considering the small outlay.

Anyone looking for a small(ish) box, don't hesitate ordering one of these.

Ryan
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I got a couple of 12 grid watch boxes which are generally ok, except that when you get to 42mm or so, the slots just aren't quite wide enough, and the crowns and cases of adjacent watches can touch. Yours looks to have wider spaces for each watch and avoids that issue. Worth paying a little more for piece of mind, so I will have a look at your links. Thanks.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm
Big thank you for the heads up on this box Des. I've now returned the Wolf box I had for my birthday and bought one of these instead.
Pillows compress enough to fit my tiny sized bracelets and the quality is brilliant considering the small outlay.

Anyone looking for a small(ish) box, don't hesitate ordering one of these.

Great news Ryan, I'm really pleased you're chuffed with it too. The quality is remarkable, outstanding fit and finish. Your watches look superb in it. :wave:
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

+2 on the Vlando box. Just this week received 2 of them and gosh what a difference they make to the presentation of the collection!
Also right-sized cushions for watch clasps fitted to a smaller wrist (mine's 6.25").
Of course now I have 12 slots for watches rather than 10. The Seiko Cocktail Time now has a position and there is one spare.... :)
Stay tuned! Hint: Of course it's a CW.

As to the boxes these are just incredible for the money being asked. It's worth paying attention around this place. Great heads up.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.