Two-handers?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Two-handers?

Post by JAFO »

Not having seconds removes the anal requirement to know how accurately a watch is running,:which can be more relaxing. Let's face it, if it's +/- 5 secs a day, after a fortnight it's only about a minute off, and then it's a minor adjustment to correct. Once you get a seconds hand you find yourself needing to synchronise the second hand to your mobile, or time.is, far more frequently than is really necessary (unless you just decide you can live with it being about right)
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I have one two hander amongst my 20+ plus watches and I enjoy the novelty of the change. To be honest, I am so used to it now, that I never give it a thought. At first I would check the time keeping all the time. Now, as I know it works just fine, I am quite relaxed about it.
'Tis me
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I was gifted a Raymond Weil Toccata which is quartz and only has 2 hands- for me it suits me as the ticking quartz hand would likely annoy me and it’s a dress watch so the simpler the better.

I owned a Pam114 years ago and found it boring after a month or so - not sure if that’s all Panerai watches but it’s been my last. I think at a certain price I expect to be at least a little bit “entertained” 😂
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS