Weird day!!

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Weird day!!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well, my first three days as a Gentleman of Leisure were spent at work! At least, between the hours of about 10 and 3 if I’m being honest. I had seriously underestimated the amount of stuff that needed to be sorted and it took me a day longer than anticipated or intended. My somewhat limited stock for the small amount of teaching I shall do next year is safely installed in an out of the way filing cabinet, all ready to go in September.

I need to achieve something similar at home now, though there is considerably less urgency for that and I can do the odd hour here and there.

Now...gin...pasta...red wine! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Skip the pasta. :cheers:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 pm Well, my first three days as a Gentleman of Leisure were spent at work! At least, between the hours of about 10 and 3 if I’m being honest. I had seriously underestimated the amount of stuff that needed to be sorted and it took me a day longer than anticipated or intended. My somewhat limited stock for the small amount of teaching I shall do next year is safely installed in an out of the way filing cabinet, all ready to go in September.
When my former department head, the one who hired me & changed the course of my life, retired he walked right out the door in his last day with not a thing in his hand! He left EVERYTHING! He didn’t bother cleaning out a thing, not in a malicious way, mind you, but in a “I’m done, I have no need for any of this,” way.

I moved into his room the following year and quite liked finding reminders of Walter here and there over the course of the year.
Drew
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Jape »

A young whippersnapper like you retiring!?
Just kidding, of course. I wish you happy retirement days! Enjoy the idleness.
Jarkko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.