What’s the best thing about the watch you’re wearing right now?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: What’s the best thing about the watch you’re wearing right now?

Post by missF »

^^^^
I’m loving it so far! :clap:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Henryj
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Henryj »

There’s a lot to like about the SKX007. Reliable, easy to read, unpretentious, etc. day of the week keeps me oriented during pandemic unemployment. What I like best about this particular one is that it runs within about 2 spd.
442F0485-8841-4A53-8A27-EE4CF505653D.jpeg
The gods may note every sparrow that falls, but they make no effort to catch them.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

The best thing about the watch I’m wearing just now is that i’ve just found the confirmation I was looking for that the LLD 36 has a supercompressor case, and not just something designed to look like one. At its price point it’s a fantastic package. Way to go longines. :D
50E80DC9-A21D-41E7-B904-2775DB75DC30.jpeg
Attachments
7F2CB5DF-D117-4456-9864-2120879315A3.jpeg
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That watch is so cool it has icicles down its knickers! Excellent, Lindsey! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Where should I start? Possibly, for a Rolex anyway, somewhat understated? I love the brilliant snow white dial, and on the personal side, the realization of a grail. Great idea for a topic Lindsay. :thumbup:
15945848400024567502412969539367.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^^^ love that this looks worn and not babied ^^^
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

The best thing about this now is different from the best thing about it when I bought it...
020E8E23-4E47-42CB-9162-FF05A2AE5BBF.jpeg
I bought it for the Pepsi bezel and I still love it for that. And the C65 case is a thing of beauty too. But the best thing about it now is that it seems to take any strap I throw at it!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I happen to be wearing a davidoff velocity diver. There was another great shot of this watch on this forum somewhere. Among many great points this blue model has a gorgeous sunray dial. Still available cheap on jomashop, although they have even been taking an extra 100 off from time to time.
IMG_20200719_142310504_HDR.jpg
JohnnyMac
CW-watches: 2

Post by JohnnyMac »

Not having the financial means to buy the watch of my dreams, I love this cheap Rolex Daytona lookalike. This Invicta 9211 is solidly made and, costing a mere £60, I have no worries of it getting bashed about.
IMG_20200726_090258__01.jpg
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

The best thing about my BBR? That it still makes me smile when I wear it. Also, whilst it looks great on the bracelet, it looks fableeoos on the Steveo vintage leather and is so cumfeetorbull.
15A070D8-75E5-42E1-A4B8-9857CCBA70C4.jpeg
Steve.
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

This Lorier Neptune reminds me of my father. He had a bubbleback Datejust (his pride and joy) with a dome plexiglass crystal like this Neptune and I can see him now polishing the crystal with tooth paste to remove the scratches. Childhood memories!
Attachments
2020-07-23 19.08.15.jpg
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

scampbell61 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:53 pm This Lorier Neptune reminds me of my father. He had a bubbleback Datejust (his pride and joy) with a dome plexiglass crystal like this Neptune and I can see him now polishing the crystal with tooth paste to remove the scratches. Childhood memories!
What a great memory :D At least you can say you came about your affliction honestly!

The best thing about this C8PR has to be the first function of all watches....keep PERFECT time. The cool factor is just icing on the cake.
15957703830692863574751618826603.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
JohnnyMac
CW-watches: 2

Post by JohnnyMac »

For me, the best thing about the watch I'm wearing (casually) at the moment is that it looks a lot like Rolex Daytona (without the overdraft) and it doesn't matter in the least whether I knock it about!

IMG_20200726_090258__01.jpg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line'
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I’ve been meaning to post about this watch on this thread, but never seemed to be wearing it at the right time. Now, opinions differ and I know that this is something of a marmite watch for many. Actually, I’m not that sure that it is. So many people seem to like it, but for some reason express doubts about their ability to wear it. I’ve never had any such misgivings. And when I think about it, this is definitely the coolest watch I have ever owned or will ever own.

886906A3-2598-4FC3-B7B6-B4F2E054AFAC.jpeg
I could go on about the size and dimensions. A lot of people think of Cartier watches as being a bit small or weedy perhaps. This one isn’t. It’s not massive but it definitely has presence.

The looks? Undoubtedly, and again in my opinion, quite stunning. The shape, the railroad track, the cabochon, and of course the oversize Roman numerals; again these are all marmite features and don’t work on a lot of watches. On these they are just indispensable and natural characteristics, and they work.

Function? Again, superb. It’s an automatic three hander with a date, it’s easily legible although totally devoid of lume, and over the 4.5 years I have had it, its timekeeping has been outstanding.

Adaptability? Okay, you certainly can’t take it anywhere near water, but this is my first choice if I am dressing up to go somewhere smart, and today I’m wearing it with a T-shirt and shorts!

Brand cachet? Well, of course, that goes without saying. You only have to look at the long line of A-listers who have been photographed wearing these things to realise that the glamour and chic is an essential part of the brand. The name Cartier on the dial still has a mystique, even if not as great as it would have been a couple of generations ago.

History? A design that is now over 100 years old and yet remains as fresh as when it first appeared. Not all art deco things show such resilience.

All of those are fantastic features. But to be honest, the best thing about this watch is much more simple: it’s mine!

C87B4BDE-6F19-4FDA-935E-4F2EB9020693.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)