Watch "3 Affordable Alternatives To Expensive Chronographs | Watchfinder & Co." on YouTube

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Watch "3 Affordable Alternatives To Expensive Chronographs | Watchfinder & Co." on YouTube

Post by josbrownlie »

Watch "3 Affordable Alternatives To Expensive Chronographs | Watchfinder & Co." on YouTube -

C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Watch "3 Affordable Alternatives To Expensive Chronographs | Watchfinder & Co." on YouTube

Post by tikkathree »

I enjoy my weekly dose of Watchfinder and the predictable "You might think this watch is a right tart's handbag but we're here to tell you it's actually a very shrewd buy largely because we have one you should buy" plotline.
I understand that taste is subjective, heaven only knows but a watch which trades on almost looking like a Speedmaster MkII? I couldn't sign up to that one largely 'cos the period Speedie MkII is the real thing.
And all that "You don't want the Rolex because....." A or B: well C actually. I don't want a Rolex because..... I don't want a Rolex.

But I give them the thumbs up every week and I look forward to the next one every week.

Josbrownlie what do you think?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: Watch

Post by josbrownlie »

I used to like chronos but currently they don't do anything for me. I'd love a Rolex but only because of the name. Every now and then I think to myself why bother with spending money on a watch, particularly an expensive one, when, if you were to ask somebody that was wearing an expensive watch the time, you'd get the answer to your question and a glimpse maybe of something interesting or delightful but still have money in your pocket. They've spent theirs, you've still got yours. Then I come back to reality and say to myself that I don't want to spend that sort of money on that sort of thing but rather something else, and then reality bites and reminds me I just don't have that sort of money in the first place. If I did, that might be a different thing but ultimalety the main point of a watch is to tell the time plus a few other add one maybe. ...... Discuss.

Dunno why the subjects are just watch???
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Watch

Post by Thegreyman »

josbrownlie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:07 pm
If I did, that might be a different thing but ultimalety the main point of a watch is to tell the time plus a few other add one maybe. ...... Discuss.
Jos, if you really think that, then I think you are in the wrong place :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Watch "3 Affordable Alternatives To Expensive Chronographs | Watchfinder & Co." on YouTube

Post by Noush »

I do enjoy the WF & Co videos just for the look and HIGH quality narration. Art on the computer screen.
Rarely see an actual watch that switches on a realistic "must have" response but that doesn't matter. Some beautiful pieces on display worthy of emptying someone else's bank account though.

The shoes gag cracked me up. Worth a look at this one just to see that one play out.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I enjoyed watching that. The Frederique Constant Flyback Chrono is beautiful, and I’ll keep an eye out for one “under £2000”.

I’ve watched their content before looking for information on specific models (always inferring “We just happen to have one of these listed”) and heard the dulcit narrative before but never noticed the gags. I was wondering what on earth he was going on about for the first couple of minutes, and I’m going to subscribe.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot