#OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: #OneGoodThing #coronavirus #covid19

Post by Fat-Sam »

While i appreciate how hard this is for so many people I have to be honest about the gratitude I have for my situation- spending time at home with my daughter, no commuting, no expensive lunches out, also being an introvert it’s been a really relaxing month or so with no excuses needed for why I didn’t want to attend 5 different Easter meals/parties, my garden is tidied and looking a lot better, we have a flock of parakeets visiting most days and blue tits living outside our window (I live in Hackney, London so this is unusual!), my missus who is the main earner in the house has been out of work for 2-3 months but has been able to home school my daughter and make amazing dinners while I work, we have made contact with family members we had lost touch with, caught up on some great films and box sets, read books I’d put off reading for too long, spoke to our neighbours (at a safe distance), helped elderly and vulnerable people with contact and shopping, got to grow my hair bit longer (Past the scruffy phase) and even practice the guitar a bit... although I’m still rubbish. I may even pick up my 40th birthday watch with a bit of a discount if prices/premiums fall.

I have had an elderly relative die and I work in frontline health and social care so I do see the negative side, every day- but it would, in my opinion, be a shame to overlook the positives above, that I have, to focus on the negatives other people have. I can appreciate what people go through and empathise but not ignore a sunny day because it’s raining somewhere else.

So for me, I’m staying in full of gratitude and appreciation while keeping those less fortunate in my heart. (Unless they’re selling a 2020 Rolex Explorer in which case I will take advantage by low balling them)
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS