An (en)grave mistake

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: An (en)grave mistake

Post by Thunder1 »

strapline wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:06 am You don't want your watch to look like it has just come out of a seedy tattoo parlour down some back alley in the port of Marseille. :lol: :lol:
I like that line a lot!!..mind much if I use it?... :lol:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 am engraving1.jpg
I got CW to do this one for my wife's birthday a few years ago.
It's made the watch worthless to anyone else, but she is very happy with it.
Just how well does Carol know Christopher Ward? :problem:
Tim
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:43 am
strapline wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:06 am You don't want your watch to look like it has just come out of a seedy tattoo parlour down some back alley in the port of Marseille. :lol: :lol:
That quote wasn't levelled at your watch btw. It was just a general observation. You're more than welcome to use the quote, just don't get it engraved on your watch caseback. :lol: :D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

strapline wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:02 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:43 am
That quote wasn't levelled at your watch btw. It was just a general observation. You're more than welcome to use the quote, just don't get it engraved on your watch caseback. :lol: :D
Mucho gracias, senor..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

IMG_2080.jpeg
This is the only engraved watch I have and it's the Tyneham by Elliot Brown. The black PVD outer ring was blank and Elliot Brown had all the engraving done for me to include the words 'one of a kind', because this watch was built to my spec. They were very careful to use the same font that appears on the rotor. The lettering is also in a gold/bronze colour which perfectly matches the shield on the rotor, as well as the winding wheel. None of that trophy kind of scrolling, which wouldn't have looked anywhere as nice.

I was really pleased with the way it turned out. Not 1 of 100, not 1 of 500, clearly one of a kind.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 am pie+key
Oooh, harsh but funny. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Theo_s
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Theo_s »

As some might know, my recent order included the option to have it engraved. What I found interesting (weird) is when I asked CW's CS what type of font, the size, and position that it would be engraved (and perhaps some images of others), I was simply told that it's a hold font lightly engraved into the case back.

Like, really? They have NO images of this work? Also, "bold" isn't a font lol.
Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Incoming piece : -
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Theo_s wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 pm As some might know, my recent order included the option to have it engraved. What I found interesting (weird) is when I asked CW's CS what type of font, the size, and position that it would be engraved (and perhaps some images of others), I was simply told that it's a hold font lightly engraved into the case back.

It would appear that you have ordered a watch. Conrats on that, I hope it is all that you are expecting. You do not say whether you went ahead with an engraving or not? That all sounds a little vague to me. Once you have a watch engraved that does away with any returns policy the brand may have, I'm sure you realised that. Enjoy your new purchase in good health.
Theo_s
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Theo_s »

strapline wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Theo_s wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 pm As some might know, my recent order included the option to have it engraved. What I found interesting (weird) is when I asked CW's CS what type of font, the size, and position that it would be engraved (and perhaps some images of others), I was simply told that it's a hold font lightly engraved into the case back.

It would appear that you have ordered a watch. Conrats on that, I hope it is all that you are expecting. You do not say whether you went ahead with an engraving or not? That all sounds a little vague to me. Once you have a watch engraved that does away with any returns policy the brand may have, I'm sure you realised that. Enjoy your new purchase in good health.
Thanks, really looking forward to it. And yes, I opted to have it engraved. I did first check the terms of the 60/60 Guarantee before placing the order, and having the watch engraved does not void it.

"No, engraving does not affect the 60|60 Guarantee. Should you wish to return the watch for a refund, please note that we can’t refund the engraving charge you originally paid."
Current collection : CW C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm Black/Burgundy, Graf Zeppelin LZ129 Moonphase 36mm, Timex Marlin reissue 34mm
Incoming piece : -