scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

No Hiding Place

Post by scooter »

The Silverstone round of the Motogp was scheduled for Sunday 26th August.

I do not have TV channels that allow me to see the races live and therefore have to see it one or two days later on terrestrial TV.

That means I have to keep away from Facebook, Sports News and the dreaded Three Word thread to avoid hearing the race result beforehand.

It was scheduled to be on Channel 5 last night but due to other commitments was unable to watch it then. Next up would be Channel 5 on Demand today but surprisingly I could not find it.

Imagine my 'disappointment' when I finally discovered just now that it had been rained off.

It reminded me of the Likely Lads episode called No Hiding Place when Terry and Bob ended up hiding in a church to avoid hearing the result of an English football match. Having successfully done that, as they settled down to watch it on TV they found out that it had also been rained off.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by kiter65 »

Having been single most of my adult life and dragging my son up from the age of 5 as a single parent (he’s 22 now) I like to think I’m pretty well domesticated, cleaning,ironing,cooking,hoovering I don’t think I’m a bad hand so WHY do I find it totally impossible to fit a quilt cover? FFS now hard can it be? I’m hot and sweaty, the air is blue and after about 20 mins I think I’ve got the b#@*+#d beat :censored: :censored: ](*,)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I’m disgusted to find that all my local cinemas are not showing the movie Hurricane. The Vue had only one showing at the weekend. The film depicts the Polish 303 squadron which downed more German aircraft during the Battle of Britain than any other squadron. Together with their sister Polish 302 squadron they accounted for 60% of the distruction of the German airforce. There seems to be little appetite to understand the role of the Poles in WW2. :(

303 trailer
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Wanted to organise and take advantage of a Ford 48 hour test drive as advertised nationally for certain models. I complete the online form, selected my local dealership and to my surprise I receive a phone call after 5 minutes to discuss my enquiry. Only to be told we are only a small dealership and we're not part of the scheme - we don't have enough cars...so why are you on the 'select your local dealer list for this campaign'.

Funny how they always seem to have plenty of cars in stock when I drive past - and you have 8 used models in your own dealer stock.

I'll test and buy something else then.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

My daughter works in a hospital.
She pays a monthly fee to park there.
There aren’t enough spaces to go around and it’s also open to the paying public.
People regularly arrive late to work, due to no spaces being available.
People often have to leave their cars in less than ideal places.
Today, she got a parking ticket!
It was for :a) blocking access & b) parking in a restricted place.

Two annoying things about this, 1) the access only became blocked by another car, that wasn’t there when she parked & 2) the area was only designated as a restricted space via an email sent today! Fines were due to start tomorrow, apparently!

She now wants me to help her to appeal the fine?

I don’t think there’s much point! The blocked access is the sticking point, methinks. Hey ho!
Steve.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

My daughter is officially a numpty!
She’s just sent me a pic of the parking ticket referred to above.
It’s not a “penalty charge notice” but, infact a “warning notice”.
Basically, it’s a “don’t park here in this fashion ever again or you’re screwed!....family eh? :silent:
Steve.
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Trucks who try to overtake other trucks on a two lane carriageway while they are doing 1-MPH more than the one in lane 1, rips my knitting! :censored: :grumble: :censored:
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Queue jumpers. :thumbdown:

I know it’s a british thing yes.
But fundamentally it’s a great idea. :lol:

On holiday last year and the amount of let’s just say “non-Brits” who can clearly see that there’s a bit of a queue who just walk straight up to bar/service area and get served. :silent:

Oi! Get in line pal :lol:

There were words said.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Made an appointment at the Chris Ward showroom for 1st November only to be sent a voucher for £100 off that expires ......................31st October.

:(
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

People who park humongous black Yummymummypanzertanks next to me on the supermarket car park, so that I can’t see a damned thing when I am trying to reverse out.

People who stroll across said carpark completely oblivious to the contortions and manoeuverings of view-restricted motorists, only I suspect to get into their own vehicle and immediately start swearing about pedestrians.

And no, by divine grace I didn’t hit anyone. Thankfully.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

People who park across 2 parking spaces or in the middle of a two-car-length space because they’re so important / lazy / self-absorbed / up their own arse because they are driving a XXX (insert your favourite TLA marque here). Learn to park you CNX-driving @%#*!
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by copemanphoto »

Drivers who disregard cross walks when Old Farts, like yours truly, are trying to cross safely with out becoming a hood ornament, or as you folks across the pond call them "car bonnet ornaments".

Some of these damn drivers are texting or otherwise using their smart phones while in motion, how can I tell you ask, cause the %&*****holes are looking down at their laps and not ahead.
Cheers, Mike.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Online grocery shopping, took an age to search for everything on a vintage iPad.
Then i forgot to use the £12 off voucher at the checkout.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

eBay sellers who start their item for sale at 99p then when you win,at a very low price, don’t return your messages about picking said item up,if you don’t want to sell it at a low price put a f#&*@%g reserve on it!!! :censored: :censored:
downer

Post by downer »

Hey Apple, when you developed iOS 12...

Why did you decide to switch the positions of the ?123 key and the smileys key at the bottom left of the on-screen iPad keyboard?

All of my posts now contain at least errors!
Richard