The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Korkki »

Well played Hermes Logistik Gruppe. It's only 4100km round trip to get my package collected :thumbup:

NO PARKING
This space is reserved
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m sitting at McDonalds having a bite for lunch. Just saw a teenage kid walk in, pull a McDonalds cup out of his bag, fill it up, then walk out! Unbelievable!!!

The worst thing about it? My first reaction when I saw him reach in his bag for the cup was relief that it wasn’t a gun. The reality of living in the US these days.
Drew
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Cafe Football (Stratford) just asked me to complete a feedback form for our visit on Saturday. So I did.

We visited on Saturday, during a World Cup game. I understood from the confirmation email we had the table for 90 minutes. We were approached 40 minutes into our time at our table and told we had to vacate it for another booking, even though at this point we'd only had 2 drinks and a starter. We challenged this view with the waitress, who went away to confirm. She then returned to say there had been an error and we "were fine". Although the venue was busy for football, I didn't expect to be left without service for the remainder of our time there. We had to ask another member of staff to begrudgingly bring us 2 more drinks. At no point were we offered more food, so we didn't bother. It took into our 110th minute at the limited time table to get the bill, which we just ended up handing to someone who looked like they worked there with cash placed into the card. During our 120 minutes at our 90 minute table, several groups from the bar came and sat at unreserved tables with their drinks unchallenged. To say Cafe Football seemed disorganised and woeful with service would be an understatement.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

:silent:
Steve.
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Why does the BBC insist on putting everything in km, as in, "There has been a accident 2km west of junction 21 of the M78" when every single road sign in the UK is in miles? Why use km? They mean nothing to me or most of the population of this wee island. Grrrrrr
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Being surrounded by people who, no matter what, love to complain.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Everyone has an allocated seat!!!!!!! You can’t win against stupidity
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

When you place an online order (not CW in this case) on Thursday morning and wait anxiously to see the courier has collected it at lunchtime on flipping Monday.... and then seeing the expected delivery date move out 2 days. You wouldn’t have to move it 2 days if you’d have got off your big fat comfy seats and shipped the blinking order.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon Prime introduces a previous day delivery option soon :lol: so having to wait 4 days for an order to ship and who-knows-how-long for the sloths at the courier company to walk it over really gets my goat.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Car drivers and their horns......WTF is wrong with you?.....coming home from work early this evening a young lady had broken down at a roundabout...myself and another chap helped her move her car to one side under a consent stream of drivers blasting their horns.....WHAT do you think is going to happen....do you have a f*&£ing magic horn that is going to restart her car or make it disappear you f&*£ing idiots :censored: :censored: :explode:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

When selling a watch on eBay and including in the description “ABSOLUTELY NO OVERSEAS SHIPPING, ANY QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED, Sorry”

Then you get questions like “shipping to Israel is possible?”

Why not read the full description!!!!!!!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Two posts, 5 minutes apart saying the same thing - Why ??
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Back so soon......

Is there a need to precede a post to the person you're replying to with the @ symbol ?

This isn't Twitter is it, this the Forum ?

Color me confused....
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Removal of a perfectly innocent flag picture from a thread without explanation? Really? C'mon fella's, either stop over moderating or at least explain what you're doing to poor unfortunates who have their posts butchered.

If photo's aren't allowed, then please can you go all the way through the 1929 pages of the thread in question and remove all of the others that are there, after all you wouldn't want to be hit by accusations of discrimination or bias now would you?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

When I worked in London I experienced frequently the badgering of Chuggers wherever I walked around Canary Wharf, City of London and West End areas, often with them stationed just tens of yards away from each other.

1 of the many benefits of retirement was the thought that I would no longer have to put up with the banal chattering or mild physical contact these Chuggers use to attempt to get you involved in a conversation and signed up to a regular Charity payment of which a percentage go to them.

How wrong I was in that thought! They now position themselves inside or outside various fuel service stations across the suburbs so I can't even re-fuel my car without being pestered.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

When someone posts for the first time with a complaint about CW which creates a lot of comment, but the same member then makes no further contribution to the Forum. Also, ignores a PM which, further raises my suspicions. Rant over.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’