The Curmudgeons Corner

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: The Curmudgeons Corner

Post by Viognier »

Viognier wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:02 pm Forum posts on topics that clearly should go to CW customer service for resolution...the forum, nor its moderators, cannot resolve these people, only CW can!!
....and again
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Mc »

Why can't so many people wear face masks properly?
Come on, covidiots, it's not rocket science, put it over your mouth AND nose and pinch it secure.
:censored: :censored:
Time keeps on slipping into the future
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I know 2 people who contracted COVID and who both went out into public while they knew they were sick with it, after testing positive. One is no longer my friend, the other is my grandma who got the tongue lashing of the century from my dad.

This is why we’re still in this situation. They may have had it lightly and gotten better, but they very likely might be responsible for someone else’s death. Don’t people go to jail for something similar? Just despicable.

And I have a friend who called our governor shutting down indoor dining temporarily a human rights violation. No longer a friend. Many of us Americans are being coddled-ass entitled pieces of...

Rant over, have to feed my 3 month old :D
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

My ex-wife’s disregard for recommended protocols concerning Covid-19 is infuriating me and causing me problems. This past weekend she actually let my son spend the night at a friend’s house! Multiple teenage boys, not masked, and not social distancing. And now I’ve been exposed to him. Now, because of that, I won’t be seeing my wife tonight, as she simply refuses to take any chances about exposure, and I don’t blame her for that. She’s got an appointment for a vaccine on Friday.

My ex seems indifferent to maintaining any specific protocols in place across both homes (yet insists she’s being careful and responsible), even after clearly explaining the risks on my end. So either my son spends ALL his time at his mom’s if she’s going to play fast and loose (which he doesn’t want to do), or my son spends ALL his time here to minimize exposure (which he doesn’t want to do because i won’t let him do things), but also then impacting my time with my wife.

My wife and I don’t actually live together, by the way. We see each other on the off weekends when our kids are with their other parent.
Drew
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Just spent 30mins in a phone queue with Watches of Switzerland to discuss the return of my VHP which appears to be faulty.

I explain to the guy what is wrong who then tells me he's transferring me through to a Longines stockist.
Longines stockist explained it was just like setting a regular quartz, which it isn't as the VHP movement uses 3 independently driven hands.
He then admitted to knowing nothing about it.
When I asked to be transferred back, he said he couldn't do it (fair enough).

I'm now waiting in a queue with WoS again :censored:
Ryan
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Can I possibly be the only person who, during the current pandemic has had quite enough of video clips on the news of:
1) People doing "interesting" things to keep themselves amused
2) Kids completing "challenges"
There, I've got that off my chest.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Please STOP with the sea shanties!!!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

My son was gifted my wife’s car for his 17th birthday. That was 7 yrs ago. Up until two yrs ago, when he got wed & left home, we paid for its up keep. It has a low mileage with full service history and, due to needing to have a new water pump, we replaced cam belt and auxiliary belts earlier than required. It’s a cracking little car.

My son is now selling it. He’s asking a fair price. At the weekend he had an enquiry as to what his lowest price would be, being as the advertised price was above their budget. He told them a price and they came and viewed it.

They mentioned that the lower price was still too high as their insurance was £300 a month but they’d sleep on it.

They’ve now called and made a ridiculous offer!

My son said “no, it’s too low”. “You knew our lowest price before you came”

Their reply? “Or son doesn’t have a job and can’t afford what you’re asking”!

My son’s reply back? “Perhaps you should be looking at cheaper cars then?”

That’s my boy!

Why is this tale here? Because I can’t grasp their reasoning that my son should subsidise a better car than they can actually afford for their son because said son, is out of work and his insurance is astronomical!
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I spent a while today clearing the drive, and the pavement outside our house after heavy snow last night/this morning. Predictably it has snowed again heavily this evening and it will have to be cleared again tomorrow :censored:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Weather reports in the UK saying it's bitterly cold.

It's just about at freezing point, so it's cold out, but open water isn't freezing over. Please get some perspective. Have a think about Norway and Canada, where it might actually be bitterly cold.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I'm painting a ceiling.
So, no I don't want to look at this or that.
I'm already busy enough thanks !

Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

So the daughter of the man who makes the Vince Lombardi trophy complained Tom Brady was disrespecting it. Pur-lease, already.
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Korkki »

Incompetent UPS personnel not knowing what the incoterm DDP means and getting double taxed! :explode:
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Folks that that complain but don’t necessarily tell the whole story.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Dear Parent,

I received that Friday afternoon email you sent me. I found your question important enough to send you a rather comprehensive reply on a Friday evening, despite it being the weekend and despite the fact that you posed your question at the absolutely last possible moment you could.

Maybe you could acknowledge that effort with a brief reply? Even just a “thanks for getting back to me so quickly,” and nothing more would have been nice. If I don’t hear from you by Monday, it will be reflected in the timeliness of my future correspondence.

With Kind Regards,
Mr. Stanley

#TiredofParentsExpectingaConsiderationTheyDontReciprocate
#JustThreeMoreYears
Drew