Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Watchfinder

Post by josbrownlie »

Anybody bought via watchfinder before.

Any tips or advice or ideas whether any discount available ?
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Watchfinder

Post by r-macus »

I've looked before, but their prices always seem high than others. Good utube vids though.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I have traded a watch with them. I was able to negotiate a deal I was happy with, and the process went quite smoothly - apart from the fact they played a bit of a sly game with the number of links they supplied with the watch I bought.

Overall, I think they are ok, but they are now the market-makers in second hand watches and I believe they are partly responsible for the crazy prices demanded for Rolex etc.
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If you subscribe to their mailing list, you should receive frequent (once a week) emails promoting particular brands, models etc. with, occasionally, varying levels of discount (couple of hundred quid off?).

I otherwise have had no dealings with them and have purely looked at their website for research purposes.

Another similar, although smaller, pre-owned watch retailer you might like to check out is Xupes.com

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

WatchFinder…
Best described as the "We Buy Any Watch" company.
Generally low-ball offers on buying watches and over-inflated prices for selling.

You're better off going on to Chrono24.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

It depends if you’re buying outright, or trading a watch in part ex. There is the quick transaction side of the part ex which removes the hassle of trying to sell a valuable watch privately which does have some merit. However note that they tend to make low offers for your watch and price your purchase from them on the high side.

As an example I was initially offered a price for a watch against a trade in and was offered a trade up price of £2,200 + my watch. A few emails back and forth brought the cost down to £1,500 + my watch with minimal effort. There is movement to be had but you need to have some idea of what the value of the watch you’re buying / selling is before you enter into discussions.

Once we had agreed a price the transaction was very smooth, I was expecting them to come back when they received my watch to say it has a few marks so they wanted to knock £xxx off their quote, but they didn’t. All in all from the initial enquiry to the deal being done, including posting my watch off and them sending my new one out, it took about a week.

I’d happily use them again but only if the price is right.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I bought a TAG Carrera old style from them several years ago, it was priced around market value and they offered £100 off to me for signing up to their emailed news.

I used their repair service for the same watch when I broke the crown off and they were very good with the cost, updates regarding progress and the work.

Their valuation of that watch and another TAG a few years later (September 2018) for p/ex or straight sale to them was around what Goldsmiths were offering.
Eatrightwatches

Post by Eatrightwatches »

I’m actively using them to find an out of date IWC Ingeniuer. They have yet to find it and I do receive allot of adverts, which is annoying.