Complications - the Good, the Bad and the Just Plain Daft?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: Complications - the Good, the Bad and the Just Plain Daft?

Post by DavecUK »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 am The wink suggests that you know the answer, but some people I guess won’t. A proper big date involves two wheels with independent gearing, correct?
There are a few ways of doing it, on the 2826-2 movement and some others, they have one disc on top of another....I like the look of it, or the other way as you say two independent wheels which although effective, does not look as integrated. Either way you are right in your point that it is more complicated and hence costs more to do....but it's something we realise is more important as we get older. Given a choice between a cyclops, under cyclops or a big date...I would always choose the latter all other things being equal..
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Complications - the Good, the Bad and the Just Plain Daft?

Post by watchaholic »

Probably my favorite calendar for the moment. All the information, non of the clutter.
20190824_072525.jpg
If this were available as an annual calendar with a power reserve in place of the leap year indication....Now we are sliding back to the "Grail" topic. :lol:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight