Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19

Bahnstormer_vRS passes 20,000 posts !

Post by MiniMpi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 am

Congratulations to Guy on passing the 20,000 post milestone recently :clap:
All extremely helpful and enjoyable posts too, a stalwart of this great place 8)
C9 AM GT LE #001/135, C60 Ombré #001/300, C1-GM-5DA, C7 Proto, C11 Elite, C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C7 COSC LE, C65 MK1 LE, C60 316L, C9-JH-MK3, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C60 GMT, C60 SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2, C65 Trident Diver, Rolex 912 Tank.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 8
LE-six: Yes

Re: Bahnstormer_vRS passes 20,000 posts !

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 am

Well done, Guy. Only the 4th to pass that milestone. :clap:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Bident
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bident » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:22 am

:clap: Cheers, Guy! You've been a great contributor to this forum. Thank you for your insights, wisdom, and kindness.
Best regards,
John

EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 am

Congratulations Guy, all of your posts are excellent contributions to this forum! :clap:
:rate10:
Dean

'I'm very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.' Woody Allen

downer
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: Yes

Post by downer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 am

Nice one Guy!
Richard

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

Congratulations Guy and thanks for all your efforts for the forum, which are considerable and appreciated :clap:
Patrick

C7 Hornet, C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 am

Congrats. :party:
Steve.

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Bravo! Well done old man, and congrats.

Now what about that SOTC?????

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:52 pm

Congraulations Guy. Thanks so much for you contributions.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Thank you all for your compliments and best wishes; especially to Ferg (@minimpi) for picking up on this.

To be honest, it completely escaped me.

I saw a few weeks back that I was on a pretty high total but otherwise wasn't really paying attention. :lol:

I could work out and post all sorts of stats, like posts per day over the nearly seven years I have been a forum member, but I won't. Suffice to say its probably quite high.

What I will say is that I've been, and am still, on an incredible journey with this forum and my watch collection, having started when I joined with a couple of Seikos, a C9 Harrison Chronograph LE, a C11 MSL Black Manta and being in the process of buying a C40 Speedhawk on ebay, from Australia (which is still owned by a forum member).

Many watches have come and gone from my collection but I still have the first watch I bought in the Sales Corner, a Parnis sterile 47mm Flieger (I sold it, it went around the houses, and I got it back last year). I try to run an excel spreadsheet to list each watch that I own or have owned in my collection, which should have something like 170-180 rows of entries, except its a bit out of date. :oops:

My incredible journey is not only about the watches, but also the people I have become acquainted with over the years, some of whom I have met and some of whom have become, and will hopefully remain, friends. OK; I have not always seen eye to eye with a few forum members and I suspect that I have, unintentionally and without malice, upset one of two along the way. For that I unreservedly apologise. Life is too short, as I learnt last year when I lost my wife of 32 years to cancer, to go around bearing grudges.

Returning to the watch element of my journey, it is perhaps fitting that it should be at this time, well tomorrow actually, that I collect a significant purchase that will take my collection to another level. I've sold a few watches over the past six weeks since I agreed to buy it and still have a few more to go to cover the full cost (please check the sales corner :wink:).

It is a watch that I first became aware of a couple of years ago, but at that time it was firmly in the unobtainium category. Life moves on, times and circumstances change and, when it was suggested to me recently that it might be available it was something I could not resist. Having only seen pictures of it and studied reviews & specification I hope that I'm making the right decision; pretty sure I am.

The only real qualm I have is that it has the potential to render the majority of my currently extensive collection redundant. If it does, the Sales Corner might get a bit busy. :D

More details to follow tomorrow.

On that note, once again, thank you all for your compliments and best wishes.

Guy

PS> SOTC? Sorry Nick, you had one, well three actually, out of me about six months ago; should be enough to keep you going for a while.
C2 FLE |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Auto Chrono |C70 x2
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C60 FLE x2 |C60 SH21 x2
C60 Chrono P'type |C60 Elite 1000 |C65 Khaki |C600 x2 |C1000 |C4&W7 BBMF

Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Viognier » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:47 am

Congratulations Guy! You are one of the forum's best and enjoy your watch posts and commentary!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:44 am

As a newbie, I have to say that the most consistent observation I have seen on this forum is your dedication, passion, respect and love of watches and the fellow members! Thanks Guy!!!

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by nbg » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:41 am

Guy I had thought you may have held off a bit and made the landmark number 20,000th post a “new arrival by super special delivery post”! :wink:

Give the postman my regards when you see him. :)

Congratulations. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 am

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Returning to the watch element of my journey, it is perhaps fitting that it should be at this time, well tomorrow actually, that I collect a significant purchase that will take my collection to another level. I've sold a few watches over the past six weeks since I agreed to buy it and still have a few more to go to cover the full cost (please check the sales corner :wink:).

It is a watch that I first became aware of a couple of years ago, but at that time it was firmly in the unobtainium category. Life moves on, times and circumstances change and, when it was suggested to me recently that it might be available it was something I could not resist. Having only seen pictures of it and studied reviews & specification I hope that I'm making the right decision; pretty sure I am.

The only real qualm I have is that it has the potential to render the majority of my currently extensive collection redundant. If it does, the Sales Corner might get a bit busy. :D

More details to follow tomorrow
I've been trying to work this out for the last couple of weeks!! This is a bigger cliffhanger than who shot JR! Looking forward to finding out today! A very photo heavy page required!

Best wishes with it Guy.
Dean

'I'm very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.' Woody Allen

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 am

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Thank you all for your compliments and best wishes; especially to Ferg (@minimpi) for picking up on this.

To be honest, it completely escaped me.

I saw a few weeks back that I was on a pretty high total but otherwise wasn't really paying attention. Image

I could work out and post all sorts of stats, like posts per day over the nearly seven years I have been a forum member, but I won't. Suffice to say its probably quite high.

What I will say is that I've been, and am still, on an incredible journey with this forum and my watch collection, having started when I joined with a couple of Seikos, a C9 Harrison Chronograph LE, a C11 MSL Black Manta and being in the process of buying a C40 Speedhawk on ebay, from Australia (which is still owned by a forum member).

Many watches have come and gone from my collection but I still have the first watch I bought in the Sales Corner, a Parnis sterile 47mm Flieger (I sold it, it went around the houses, and I got it back last year). I try to run an excel spreadsheet to list each watch that I own or have owned in my collection, which should have something like 170-180 rows of entries, except its a bit out of date. :oops:

My incredible journey is not only about the watches, but also the people I have become acquainted with over the years, some of whom I have met and some of whom have become, and will hopefully remain, friends. OK; I have not always seen eye to eye with a few forum members and I suspect that I have, unintentionally and without malice, upset one of two along the way. For that I unreservedly apologise. Life is too short, as I learnt last year when I lost my wife of 32 years to cancer, to go around bearing grudges.

More details to follow tomorrow.

On that note, once again, thank you all for your compliments and best wishes.

Guy

PS> SOTC? Sorry Nick, you had one, well three actually, out of me about six months ago; should be enough to keep you going for a while.
6 months ago!!!!!! With you Guy, that's about 40 watches out if date with the way you go at it!! Image

Congrats again my friend.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk