Small-wrist Blues for Enthusiasts of New Watches

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Small-wrist Blues for Enthusiasts of New Watches

Post by Thegreyman »

smegwina wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:15 pm I think that you are in luck as the monster size tradition is starting to change and more and more smaller size case options are becoming available.

For me, it is the opposite, as a gorilla wristed bloke I need the larger case sizes and they are getting harder to find! :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
You'll just have to get a few 47mm Panerai....a Luminor, a Submersible and a Radiomir when you need to dress up a bit....sorted.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Neil
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

atnits wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 pm
Dancematt wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:41 pm It used to be a hell of alot worse a few years ago, brands are starting to listen and have a wider range of sizes in their collections now.
True words.

Re Nomos, the Minimatik's dimensions would be perfect for you. (I tried one for size, and it was a much nicer fit than the Club.)
Which model did you try?
Neil
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

^^^ I tried the Nachtblau version. A lovely thing. Couldn't really justify the price difference between it and the Club, though.
Paul7

Post by Paul7 »

First, I don't think this watch looks too big on you, especially since watches can look bigger than 'real life' in photos. It isn't just the wrist size but the shape that matters, mine is also 6.5" but flat so there's a lot of real estate to cover. Certainly 36mm would work for you too. I know you don't like vintage but are you open to an older DJ? They can be had for about $3K, hold their value well and will last longer than we will. Here's my inherited DJ, 35 years old and still going strong. I am looking to get a watch like yours for a less dressy alternative.
Attachments
IMG_9468.JPG
danielboone72
CW-watches: 1

Post by danielboone72 »

gwells wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:50 pm another brand option to look at is Junghans.
I agree am looking at their Meister range so well done wears small and thin even though 40mm diameter case 5mm crown and small lug to lugs. Great thread this.
Garmin Forerunner 745 - Sports
C600 GMT Black ChrWard - Travel
Junghans Max Bill Mega Atomic - Business
Linjer Mimalist Swiss Quartz (Kickstarter) - Dress
Bulova Luna Moon 262Khz
GrandDads watch restored
Pulsar Lithium 10 First watch fixed