F1 2020 | 2021 Motorsport Thread

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: F1 2020 | 2021 Motorsport Thread

Post by Thegreyman »

It’s the classic motorsport colour combo in my eyes. I used to lust after a gulf oil TH Monaco
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by jtc »

Photoshoot in Aldershot of all places! Wow... wouldn't be my first choice of location :lol:
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Halios | Oris | Seiko | Casio
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it »

Autosport reporting Perez to miss the British GP due to a positive Covid test...
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Hamilton, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Perhaps hulk will get a go

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 26
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

what-time-is-it wrote:Autosport reporting Perez to miss the British GP due to a positive Covid test...
Confirmed on F1 Website / App.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Elite GMT| C65 S'hurst-Diver-GMT-AM GT| C1000
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Boring race today.... apart from the last 5 laps!
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman »

jtc wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:50 pm
Boring race today.... apart from the last 5 laps!
Agreed, then it was mental with tyres delaminating left right and centre. Couldn't believe it happened to LH on the final lap :shock: Luckily he managed to get it home. It seems like the strategies will all move from one to two stop for next week!
Patrick

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Can an F1 Newbie ask a few questions?

1. Is it normal for one person to dominate so much? Looks like this Hamilton kid has talent and might be going places! (that’s sarcasm)

2. When one driver so thoroughly dominates, doesn’t that make the races a little less competitive, and if so where’s the fun? This isn’t meant as a criticism. It’s clear some teams are more competitive than others. If that’s case, what does one look for in the race?

3. I’ve got a baseball team I follow. I’ve got a premier league team I follow. Does one latch onto a team or driver to follow in the same way with F1? And if so, how would you suggest I settle on someone? My son is a big fan of Lewis Hamilton, but that seems kind of bandwagon-ish to jump on that train. It would be like going all in for Manchester United as an American following premier league or someone new to baseball jumping on the Yankees.[/list]

Thanks!
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 pm
Can an F1 Newbie ask a few questions?

1. Is it normal for one person to dominate so much? Looks like this Hamilton kid has talent and might be going places! (that’s sarcasm)

2. When one driver so thoroughly dominates, doesn’t that make the races a little less competitive, and if so where’s the fun? This isn’t meant as a criticism. It’s clear some teams are more competitive than others. If that’s case, what does one look for in the race?

3. I’ve got a baseball team I follow. I’ve got a premier league team I follow. Does one latch onto a team or driver to follow in the same way with F1? And if so, how would you suggest I settle on someone? My son is a big fan of Lewis Hamilton, but that seems kind of bandwagon-ish to jump on that train. It would be like going all in for Manchester United as an American following premier league or someone new to baseball jumping on the Yankees.[/list]

Thanks!
My thoughts on your questions Andrew:

1. There have been a few dominant drivers in F1 through history. In the last 25 years we have had Michael Schumacher winning 7 titles (including 5 in a row with Ferrari), Sebastian Vettel who won 4 titles consecutively with Red Bull and of course Lewis Hamilton who looks on course to win his 7th title this year and arguably will go on to be the best ever if he is not indeed already (viewed now by many to be the best_. He already holds a number of all time records e.g. 91 pole positions.

2. Of course one team or driver winning can make it less competitive and arguably less enjoyable to watch. An alternative view is that you can admire their skill and enjoy watching them even in victory. There have been a number of exciting races over the past year or so with accidents and safety cars which can be a bit of a leveller as it allows drivers to close up to the car in front, tyre reliability can be a big variable (read reviews of last weekends British GP), rain makes it exciting. There is also competition amongst the front teams with their exciting young drivers (Max Verstappen at Red Bull and Charles Le Clerc at Ferrari). Hamilton's team mate Valtteri Bottas has also beaten him in a number of races over the past year. You can also enjoy separate battles in the midfield teams e.g. McLaren as a team are starting to get back towards the levels that saw them dominate for spells in past years.

3. I guess some people follow a team (Ferrari are a worldwide legendary team with their famous fans, the Tifosi) some people probably love Red Bull as an upstart brand etc. Many people follow a favourite driver e.g. Lewis, or Max who has a massive backing at every race from Dutch fans who follow him to GP's all round the world. There is a lot to admire with Lewis as a driver and so nothing wrong imo if your son wants to support him. He will likely be retired in 3 years time so we should enjoy watching one of the all time greats whilst we can (a bit like Messi/Ronaldo in football or Federer/Nadal in tennis they will not be around for long and we will miss them when they're gone).
Patrick

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Thegreyman wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:29 pm
My thoughts on your questions Andrew:...
Thank you for the primer! Incredibly helpful. Tonight my son started my on the Netflix series about Formula 1. Also very helpful.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing!
Andrew

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Soporsche
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by Soporsche »

Not current F1.. some awesome machinery being enthusiastically thrown around at Brands today and more tomorrow.
15981411254587667297912094362488.jpg
Stephen

8 CWs and a modest collection of other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 26
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1
LESeven: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Soporsche wrote:Not current F1.. some awesome machinery being enthusiastically thrown around at Brands today and more tomorrow.
15981411254587667297912094362488.jpg
Socially distanced fans in attendance, or just 'on-line' /TV?

Fan less race, usually 200,000 of them, this evening with the 104th running of the INDY 500.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier| C8 MkI| C8 Reg MkII| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 PR
C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C20 FLE| C40 x2| C60 K'fisher| C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex| C60 Elite GMT| C65 S'hurst-Diver-GMT-AM GT| C1000
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

I saw the masters historics at COTA a few years back, what a fantastic noise!
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback