NO PARKING
This space is reserved
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Manual or auto? (But not watches)

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:20 pm Thread revival. Had the demo out for 4 hours. Town, country lanes, boring A146 and a buzz up and down the Norwich bypass at M/way speed with CC one way and without the other way. Enjoyed it, could well be looking at one of these but NOT that colour. :lol:

Didn’t do a single brain fart emergency stop trying to change gear! :D

Oh yeah, pics...
6108A32C-3043-41E1-9B5D-05D3B6A69AB4.jpeg
C083C20B-F2CA-457D-8156-F6BD7BFF22A7.jpeg

Speedy is the arbiter of all things transportational and he was impressed.
You were impressed with it then, Steve? How did you find the CVT gearbox?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 pm You were impressed with it then, Steve? How did you find the CVT gearbox?
Well, for all I know Chris there could have been a couple of very small donkeys trundling a wheel under there! However, it seemed happy to run on the flat at low speeds using the battery, the petrol engine kicked in when accelerating, going uphill or doing more than 37mph (Abnormal for Norfolk), and on the bypass it responded reasonably efficiently (better than the 1.3 manual in 6th) when I applied the old daisy root.

I'm OK with it. Going back to the dealers to discuss possibility of an order tomorrow.

Thanks for asking. I'm getting stick from a couple of individuals on CWE over my choice of cars! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm
TigerChris wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 pm You were impressed with it then, Steve? How did you find the CVT gearbox?
Well, for all I know Chris there could have been a couple of very small donkeys trundling a wheel under there! However, it seemed happy to run on the flat at low speeds using the battery, the petrol engine kicked in when accelerating, going uphill or doing more than 37mph (Abnormal for Norfolk), and on the bypass it responded reasonably efficiently (better than the 1.3 manual in 6th) when I applied the old daisy root.

I'm OK with it. Going back to the dealers to discuss possibility of an order tomorrow.

Thanks for asking. I'm getting stick from a couple of individuals on CWE over my choice of cars! :lol:
When I drive our lasses I can't even tell when the petrol kicks in half the time, its so seemless. I have to look for the EV light on the dash! Very smooth, comfortable, efficient, with plenty of kit too. Oh, don't bother with ECO mode, its a waste of time - not enough difference in economy to make it worth while, but holds the throttle response back noticeably. Just drive it in NORMAL mode and let it do it's thing, simple. It's a great little car (although I wouldn't swap my X3 for one!). Good luck on getting a decent deal. Which model/colour are you going for?
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

As an automatic gearbox, plug in hybrid man myself (C350e) I cant recommend them enough. So smooth and so quiet you are hard pushed to hear or even detect when the engine kicks in a lot of the time. Just remember to ignore the mpg figures the manufacturers quote as they are total ******s
Cheers now, Paul
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

^^ As a follow on to that about MPG figures, our lasses does a lot of 'up hill and down dale' driving in the Hills around Penistone etc.. and her fuel consumption is between 58 and 60 without fail. Just to give an idea of real world, Steve.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Our lasses in Platinum Bronze, Icon Tech spec

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Best of luck Steve, hope you get a good deal mate :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia

Cheers, guys.

Chris...model/colour? Not keen on that gold and I don’t do white, silver or pale blue. Most others are fine.

No point in downsizing on the spec, so I don’t see the cruise, integrated nav system or climate control as negotiable. Climate possibly, as I don’t have that currently and the a/c is fine.

But Toyota are notoriously random with specs. Eg, my current car doesn’t have electric retraction on the door mirrors!

He rang me yesterday afternoon to say he could probably get me a good deal, so we shall see.

Nice colour on your good lady’s car, Chris.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:13 pm Cheers, guys.

Chris...model/colour? Not keen on that gold and I don’t do white, silver or pale blue. Most others are fine.

No point in downsizing on the spec, so I don’t see the cruise, integrated nav system or climate control as negotiable. Climate possibly, as I don’t have that currently and the a/c is fine.

But Toyota are notoriously random with specs. Eg, my current car doesn’t have electric retraction on the door mirrors!

He rang me yesterday afternoon to say he could probably get me a good deal, so we shall see.

Nice colour on your good lady’s car, Chris.
The colour is very nice in person, Steve. Hers is an 'Icon Tech' - has good spec. Sat Nav, Reversing Camera, Traffic Sign Recognition, Cruise, Lane Keep Assist, High Beam Assist, Front Parking Sensors, Dual Zone Climate Control, Rain Sensing Wipers. Internet Access for live traffic, weather, apps etc.. is through your phone, but it works well. The car automatically connects to your phone connection when you switch ignition on. I hope you get a deal thats right for you :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia

Sounds pretty good apart from no Nespresso machine.

I shall keep you informed, gentlemen.
Steve

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Sounds pretty good apart from no Nespresso machine.
I like your thinking Steve :)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

"The car in front is a Toyota" as the ad used to say. What can go wrong!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Amor Vincit Omnia

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:30 pm "The car in front is a Toyota" as the ad used to say. What can go wrong!
Apart from a Korkki redesign job? :D
Steve

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Funnyenough my experience with toyota was that everything could and did go wrong. Worst customer service I have ever experienced from a brand that has done more customer recalls than you would think possible. Mine ended as a 2 year old car that I practically had to push to the next poor dealer when We part exchanged it. .
I may wellhave just been very unlucky with the car but the way I was treated by toyota in Rayleigh was disgraceful.

Fingers crossed you fare much better with your dealer
(Sorry for being the prophet of doom)
Cheers now, Paul