What are your watch plans for 2019?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

What are your watch plans for 2019?

Post by Thegreyman »

As 2018 draws towards a close, I was thinking about where to go with the collection in the year ahead.

My watch buying has slowed down a bit over the latter half of 2018, the main change was a recent 5 into 1 consolidation to partly fund a new Panerai. For the foreseeable future, certainly most of 2019, I do not see any high value watch purchases on the horizon. We're planning a few modest improvements to the house, which in fairness to my wife, is probably a more worthwhile use of our money that me buying another wrist trinket (did I really just say that :shock:).

I'd like to think my next addition would be another CW, maybe one of the new releases planned for the first half of 2019, a Trident mk3 or possibly a C65.

Do you have any watch plans, are there any targets you have in mind for next year?
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: What are your watch plans for 2019?

Post by StrappedUp »

I like you have yet more home improvements planned over the course of the next 12 months so will have fairly limited funds.

But I'm comfortably on the way to trimming myself down to 4 watches now which has been a seemingly impossible target for quite some time.
I have 3 definite keepers, so the rest will be sold off in the NY to make way for the 4th and "final" addition (which is now pretty much decided as well).

Do love it when a plan comes together! :D
Ryan
Misterchrono
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Misterchrono »

I'm eager to see the c65 gmt pepsi. This model has been advertised in the Loupe magazine and i must say it caught my eyes. It was just a drawing but the two colored bezel with a white dial is perfect IMO.

So i guess it would be my next CW
Screenshot_2018-12-27-10-57-46.jpg
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

Further consolidate the collection and get a GMT watch with understated personality - no Pepsi bezel. Could be swayed for a dress watch - handwound, no complications. Just a great dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

No more purchases for me.
I have to sell a few, unwanted watches in the coming months. And then there's the Moonwatch in the loft, which is there until my 50th birhtday in March (Can't wait).

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

Moonphase for me once I'm qualified CGMA... (3 exams left), plus if there's a bargain in the sales I'd like to add another trident.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

C'mon folks, we've not finished 2018 yet, plenty of time to get something in.

Seriously though, a slow down in rate of acquisition is planned, along with a few sales to cover funds for possible purchases.

I have a Draken Kalahari and Draken Tugela 2.0, both paid for and due in during the early part of the year.

Then there is the CW C8 Flyer PR Concorde which I have my name down for, just hoping the TMB Art Metal premiun is not too high.

Maybe a Trident MkIII of some description.

Thereafter, we'll see how the year goes.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Like a few others I have house improvements to pay for (we bought an old farm house that needs a little ‘modernisation’) which is going to take most of the spare brass. I am planning a ‘4 into 1’ consolidation of a few rarely worn watches though which shouldn’t cost a lot to do, but I’m fairly content with what I currently have so no rush. However, as we all know in this game, plans are always ‘subject to change’ :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nothing very specific either on the acquisition or culling fronts. Wait and see which way the wind blows.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Only one in the pipeline, the Formex Essence Automatic.

I decided to go for both Essence watches (Chronometer and Automatic) from Kickstarter project.

I opened blue dial Chronometer on Christmas morning and so far it’s only lost 3 secs, so I’m pretty happy with COSC standard. Plus build quality is simply amazing for the price I paid.

Automatic (silver dial) is due late January, so that’s me done unless something nice pops up in a sale.

Prices during Kickstarter were hard to beat.

Someone mentioned in another thread about being wary about Kickstarter. I was the same, I only went with Formex because they were an established company trying another approach to watch selling.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 pm Only one in the pipeline, the Formex Essence Automatic.

I decided to go for both Essence watches (Chronometer and Automatic) from Kickstarter project.

I opened blue dial Chronometer on Christmas morning and so far it’s only lost 3 secs, so I’m pretty happy with COSC standard. Plus build quality is simply amazing for the price I paid.

Automatic (silver dial) is due late January, so that’s me done unless something nice pops up in a sale.

Prices during Kickstarter were hard to beat.

Someone mentioned in another thread about being wary about Kickstarter. I was the same, I only went with Formex because they were an established company trying another approach to watch selling.
Do you have any pics of the formex? It’s one I really fancied going for, but had no cash to pull the trigger at the time. The shock resistance case design really interested me.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I have one due in February but after that nothing planned.
I do have an option on one that I'm still considering which might be done before the New Year though.
I'll be 50 in 2020 so.......I have something in mind but we'll wait and see how things unfold.

Also the CW sale might send some temptation my way...
r-macus
Senior
Senior

Post by r-macus »

Flip the lot and buy an explorer or moonwatch I think. Will like to see the c60 apex also
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
arzt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by arzt »

Trident mkIII or possibly a C65 (with SH21 only).
And waiting new Seiko Astron 5X Series (3hands)
"Die Kraft steckt in der Qualität." ©
C9-SS & C60 COSC & C1GM 5day Blue dial Prototype #0000
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

Sell. I need to unload 6-7 sub-$700 watches. Don’t wear them, don’t have room in the watch box. I said this as part of last year’s plan and did nothing. Need to get my %{#*€¥ together and do some selling.

No purchase plans. Wife isn’t working and I just spent $6k on a new transmission, radiator, and breaks. *sigh*
the "g" is for Greg...