Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Some of the moderators of this forum are now ridiculous

Post by DISJT »

You are correct Neil, the post was indeed posted in that thread. (off topic, recommended youtube videos)
And that was merely my intention when posting, to let other forum members see a video that had reduced me to tears of laughter. So I'm glad it found an audience, if only of 2.

And Richard / Downer, please stick to the subject in hand. It had nothing to do with the other thread about Robert Kubica, It was a perfectly innocent post to contribute something entertaining to the forum. This thread was generated by YOUR ridiculous decision to delete my post and now you've revealed exactly why you chose to. "I think its reasonably clear what is going on here" and it has nothing to do with breaking rules and everything to do with YOU thinking its linked to another thread where a fellow Moderator overstepped the bounderies and I called them on it.
Trying to muddy the waters because you can't justify your actions / very weak stand point, or the fact not a single rule was actually broken, is about what I've come to expect from you. The isn't the first time now is it Richard?
CHRIS
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I stand by what I have written. You seem determined to push the boundaries - attempting to stretch the forum into your image of how you think it should be.

You may think my (our) decision is ridiculous - and you have stated it often enough. However, I disagree.

If you don't like the way the forum is run, complain to the owner.

Edit. And by the way, I have no idea what you are talking about with your last comment.
Richard
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

If were going to talk about below brow posts offending people. Not related to this site as such that I know off. But one can't help to avoid atm all the american political bile and satire that's everywhere atm. Seems that as long as it's in the public interest you can post whatever you want.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Both the Oris Robert Kubica and Recommended YouTube video threads were mine...I'll get my coat. :oops:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Sorry Chris, I appear to of derailed two of your posts. :oops:
CHRIS
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

^^ Can you PM me the link please Chris? I’ve just gotta see what all the fuss is about here
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Certainly. Done.
CHRIS
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

DISJT wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:52 pm Sorry Chris, I appear to of derailed two of your posts. :oops:
Going to start a petition on .gov.uk to get you banned from the internet.b :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

@ DISJT
You wanted this public so here it is….

Based on this statement you sure are a chatty fellow for a guy that doesn’t want to be here.
DISJT wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:05 am And you are probably all correct, a forum devoid of personality, independent thought and humour, isn't a place for me.
Let me make this as clear and simple as I can. I have told you this before privately but will tell you again. This is not a democracy contrary to what you might choose to believe. The Admin Team is not perfect, but will always make a decision based on what we believe is best for this forum.

This forum has a welcome post and a post that shows the rules and etiquette that explains the atmosphere desired here. You agreed to them. If you do not like the decision you can make your arguments, which you have done and been denied. Now you continue to throw your toys out of the the pram because you disagree. I am sorry if you cannot understand the difference between a “Family Friendly Atmosphere” and a link that directs one to a video that contains “Adult Humor”, optional or not.

Despite any individual moderator's reasons for thinking a post, in this case the link, should be deleted, the final decision falls to me when a discussion ensues, as it did with this instance, In this case, consensus decision was reached and the task of deletion assigned. If you have a gripe you can come to me, but I assure you I will not be changing my decision as I have already explained in prior posts here. You can accept it and move on or just move on. That is the reality…no more..no less.

Despite your thinking that we are in a rapid demise we are continuing to grow and expand on the goals of our founder. We do track and analyze statistics on a monthly basis. Based on these statistics we must be doing something right.

I will add that you are dangerously close to launching a personal attack in some of your posts which is also not permitted against an Admin Team member or any forum member either publicly or privately. It is quite logical, to me anyway, that discussions can be held in a very civil manner.

If you have anything else to say about this matter I strongly suggest it be taken to pm’s.

I have allowed, regrettably, this issue pertaining to you to remain public. I say regrettably because this type of posting nonsense does this forum no good. It either ends now or I will take further measures to end it.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Interesting post Kip.
Once again you have quoted the rules, which HAVEN'T been broken by me. Maybe you could re-read the rules and point out what rule my post broke?

Interesting that you're so quick to address personal attacks from members whilst also choosing to ignore a call from GUY (a fellow moderator) for "Public chastisement" of a member.

Interesting that you say we can discuss this in a "civil manner", right after telling me "Now you continue to throw your toys out of the the pram"
Very civil Kip.

It seems member are expected to follow imaginary rules but moderators are free to skirt around the ACTUAL rules when the "old boys club" closes ranks.

Once again you can call for this to be held in PM's. I'm sure it suits you to hide the increasingly poor / double standards shown by the moderation team behind closed doors but I'd rather the whole forum saw the outcome.

And finally you finish you post with threats. I either see things your way or else? Take whatever action you see fit Kip, but don't threaten me on a public forum.
CHRIS
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

cincfleet wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 am
smegwina wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 pm Image
:lol: and we are on page two already :lol:
Crikey, page 4 and yet to run out of popcorn ! :lol:
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

:D I think you're safe cincfleet, I don't foresee us getting to page 5.
CHRIS
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

cincfleet wrote:
cincfleet wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 am
smegwina wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 pm Image
Image and we are on page two already Image
Crikey, page 4 and yet to run out of popcorn ! Image
DISJT wrote::D I think you're safe cincfleet, I don't foresee us getting to page 5.
If we do get to page 5. I am ready.....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

To recap:
The Admin Team is not perfect, but will always make a decision based on what we believe is best for this forum.
Mods breaking rules in the sales forum = best for the forum.
Non-mod posting a link to a funny, if slightly off-colour You-Tube video (albeit one shown on public broadcast television) = detrimental to the forum
Non-mod making an attempt at dark humor, but in no way violating rules = detrimental to the forum, and appropriate for a mod to encourage bullying and harassment of the member by the forum "For the best of the forum"

The last one in particular confuses me. In no way can I understand how encouraging the 'public chastisement' of a member benefits the forum. The only thing it accomplished was to drive a long time member out, and to create a strong divide among forum members. Seriously, on what planet has bullying ever made anything better? I think everyone on here is better than that, and anyone tasked with being a moderator NEEDS to be better than that. Unfortunately, that isn't the case, and we have created a two-tier system here, where certain, otherwise prohibited behaviours are now allowed as long as they are condoned by, or come from, a moderator.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.