Some of the moderators of this forum are now ridiculous

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Some of the moderators of this forum are now ridiculous

Post by DISJT »

Earlier today I posted a youtube link to an "8 out of 10 cats" video with Greg Davis doing the worlds worst Chris Eubank impression.

Now I've received the following message....
Re: Recommended YouTube Videos
Delete message Report private message Quote message
Sent: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Recipient: DISJT

Subject: Recommended YouTube Videos
DISJT wrote: ↑Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:43 pm
[youtube][/youtube]

All worth watching but the Greg bit from 8mins 50ish onwards did have me in tears.
I have deleted your youtube link because it is not aligned with the values of this forum. I know you already understand that.
Richard
No Richard I don't understand this utter nonsense.

This type of moderation is absolutely ridiculous and bringing about the very rapid demise of the forum.

Some of the moderators of this forum have become drunk with power and lost all semblance of common sense. Lighten up!
CHRIS
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Some of the moderators of this forum are now ridiculous

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@DISJT - Chris,

Your post was not unilaterally deleted by Downer.

It was deleted after consultation between us, the Moderators, as not being appropriate for this forum.

It fell to Downer / Richard to action the deletion and, out of courtesy, advise you accordingly.

As it was specifically the link to an excerpt from '8 out of 10 cats' that was felt to be the inappropriate element of your post, which we (the Moderators) do not wish to be displayed on this forum, I have deleted it from your quoted PM post above.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Is this because its a show on UK TV after the watershed, and this forum does not appreciate such content?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Honestly, if people think 8 out of 10 cats is "inappropriate" then they don't click on the link. They don't need this nanny state to shield them from harm.

The fact that the decision, to delete, came from a group discussion, only further verifies to me that the moderators are not a diverse enough group to represent the members of this forum.
CHRIS
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

Oh dear, a little disention in the ranks !!! love it, perks the conversation in the forum up a bit , lol
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Normally I would suggest that a discussion like this be held in a more private setting, but since you have chosen to go public.....

This comes down to you disagreeing with an administrative decision regarding your post. The decision was made because it conflicts with the forum values that are posted and perhaps you need to review. You were informed as to why it was deleted and still disagree. You are entitled to your opinion regarding the values of the video link and how it relates to the forum values. We shall have to agree to disagree, but the decision stands.

Personally I would have not have considered posting the video when it starts with an "Adult Humor" warning. That would have been my first clue that it didn't belong here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by reggie747 »

smegwina wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 pm Image
:lol:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Whatever was I thinking, assuming that forum members were "adults".

Just how many under 18's are there on The forum?

And no, this discussion does not need to take place behind closed doors. The suppression / censorship and draconian implementation of these "rules" needs to be openly discussed to prevent 3 or 4 members views from being the only voices allowed on the forum.
CHRIS
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

DISJT wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:43 pm Whatever was I thinking, assuming that forum members were "adults".

Just how many under 18's are there on The forum?

And no, this discussion does not need to take place behind closed doors. The suppression / censorship and draconian implementation of these "rules" needs to be openly discussed to prevent 3 or 4 members views from being the only voices allowed on the forum.

You agreed to abide by the posted rules and etiquette when you registered for this forum. Enforcement of these guidelines by the Admin Team is not "suppression / censorship and draconian". If you disagree so be it, but that is our job. You have choices and so do we.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Kip wrote:conflicts with the forum values that are posted
Which part of the "forum values" did the link break? Are the values listed in addition to the Rules and Etiquette?...
Family friendly forum

To maintain the friendly atmosphere, we do not allow posts containing or relating to:
1.1 Racial or ethnic slurs
1.2 Foul and abusive language
1.3 Politics or Religion
1.4 Weapons
1.5 Replica or fake watches
1.6 Personal attacks on others
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Absolutely none of those rules were broken by my post and that's the whole problem. What the link contained is irrelevant. No one on the forum was subjected to it, unless they CHOSE to view it by clicking on the link. Its was also a link to a comedy programme that most people would have absolutely no problem letting their children watch.

Posts get deleted on the quiet and the moderators want to discuss it in private.

This isn't the first time I've had posts deleted. If it's happening to me , then I'm bloody sure it's happening to others and its about time they were brought to task on the whole situation.

The moderators are here to moderate the forum content. They are not here to police the entire internet, peoples opinions, thoughts or preferences. And they are most certainly not here to tell me what is acceptable viewing.
CHRIS
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

So are we to understand that this public internet forum is moderated for children? I dont think ive ever seen a child post on here. Or buy a CWL watch to be honest.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

DISJT wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:43 pm Just how many under 18's are there on The forum?
Well, there's me for a start. I'm only 4 - just look at my avatar! :)

More seriously, I love 8 out of 10 cats and have watched most of the videos/clips on youtube, including the one under discussion here, judging by the description. But I would not say that they are at all consistent with the values of this forum and it is no surprise that the link got removed. And, contrary to your statement above, I certainly don't regard it as suitable for children, certainly younger ones.

Just because we are all adults doesn't mean that we can post or link to any content we like, on the grounds that us adults can take it or leave it. The forum's rules and values is what makes it what it is - which is a pleasant, uncontroversial place to be. It's only natural that some people will regard that as a bit staid and boring, but it's also what's made a lot of us stay members for many years. If you want more racy/adult content then there are plenty of other places to access it on the internet. It's not censorship to insist that it's not posted here in this little corner of the internet predominately dedicated to CW watches.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I have had a couple of posts deleted and frankly I didn’t care. The moderators gave me an explanation and I moved on. It’s not as if I couldn’t post again. :D
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’