It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Post by PaulJS »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 pm
jrpippen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:54 pm Wow! What a read. 😰😰
You have got to be kidding me :shock:
He's probably got some gear to sell in sales corner - this chap seems to crop up with a couple or three comments just before a sale entry - keep an eye on sales corner.

Spontaneously resurrecting such an ancient thread is going some though :shock:
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

PaulJS wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:03 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 pm
jrpippen wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:54 pm Wow! What a read. 😰😰
You have got to be kidding me :shock:
He's probably got some gear to sell in sales corner - this chap seems to crop up with a couple or three comments just before a sale entry - keep an eye on sales corner.

Spontaneously resurrecting such an ancient thread is going some though :shock:
Maybe he was banned from TZ-UK himself?

Just a thought, as it does seem strange to bump such an old thread.......
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

nbg wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:08 pm Maybe he was banned from TZ-UK himself?

Just a thought, as it does seem strange to bump such an old thread.......
He was … a long time ago now, but he was trying to sell what he described as an Omega prototype dial on a Mk11 Speedmaster.

It turned out it was a dodgy fake redial or some such. He refused to fess up, things got heated and he was bumped.

He's probably still there under a different username :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:07 am Yeah. I was also looking at the 36mm Everest as it looks like an accurate early-Explorer homage. But I can't give my money to a company whom may not fix my broken watch, or to a prick who I dislike. Alas, CW will be getting my money once again. Their customer service may be in the crapper but, as always, they are trying. :-({|=
Have you personally dealt with Eddie or just calling him a prick based on other people's experience?
Neil
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

neil8fletcher3 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:07 pm Have you personally dealt with Eddie or just calling him a prick based on other people's experience?
Are you going to defend him, Neil? I haven't dealt with him, because instead of dealing with forum members that he doesn't like he bans them outright without any discussion. I was banned after one of Eddie's (many) threads about how another watch company has wronged him. This one was about how someone 'stole' his Vanguard name from him. A short while later he openly admitted that the name wasn't original, and that Franck Muller used the name before he did. When I called him out on the hypocrisy of accusing others of 'stealing' a name that wasn't original to his brand in the first place, I was banned. Somewhat interestingly, the thread also seemed to disappear from the forum. Coincidence?

So, prick might be a little strong, but he is certainly immature, and seemingly lacks any sense of customer service, based on stories here and elsewhere.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

No not defending but thought it was a bit harsh unless he had personal experience
Neil
SydR

Post by SydR »

Felt compelled to register for this forum to add my experience with Eddie. I won’t add the email trail as it is still an ongoing dispute

I purchased a Speedbird III from Eddie and received it in last February this year. Just over one month later, on my second time of wearing the watch , it went fauly. Sticking reversing wheels causing the rotor to helicopter when manually winding. I contacted Eddie who, reluctantly, told me to send it back, which I did. I had to chase it up several times and eventually got it back over 8 weeks later.

One month later, and only being worn a few times in that period, the same fault came back. I contacted Eddie again, this time asking for a refund. He flatly refused, pointing me to the terms and conditions on his website.

I responded that the final line on his T&Cs was that ‘your statutory rights are not affected’ and I was using my final right to reject under the Consumer Protection Act 2015 as the watch was less than 6 months old and has already had one failed repair for the same issue.

It was at this point I was banned from the TZ-UK forum. Oh well.

He then insisted that I had accepted his T&Cs by placing the order. I, off course, reminded him of his own ‘your statutory rights are not affected’ clause and I was using my final right to reject under the Consumer Protection Act 2015.

This carried on for a few days and I have now contacted my credit card company to raise an action against him under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Eddie was rude, abrupt and argumentative throughout.

I am confident I will prevail and get my money back but as for Eddie and Timefactors, they will never benefit from me again and I will continue to warn others of this individual.