Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

A belated shock, and sadness re PMWF

Post by Aifo »

The recent bang for bucks thread lead me to visit one of the watch forums I visited quite a while back, the poor man watch forum, or PMWF. Error message showing up on the URL, I looked into it and found the answer in one of the Worn & Wound articles, for those interested please take a read: http://wornandwound.com/2014/08/21/intr ... tch-forum/.

Just wish to take the chance to thank you once again to all of our great CWF admin team for the selfless hardwork and dedications. However, I sincerely hope the enjoyment of the forum administration out weights any of the possible, even the faintest/tinniest annoyance the inmates may have given you. Hans, Yoda, Kip, Downer, Ian and Helix, I am personally very grateful for all the contributions from you guys! :clap: Keep safe and stay happy!
Incoming: 0
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: A belated shock, and sadness re PMWF

Post by theaub »

That's tragic.
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fnew »

That is just terrible.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Keeper of Time
Junior
Junior

Post by Keeper of Time »

I feel for those kids. I don't know how you process something like that as you move forward in life. I wish the best for them.
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

:shock:
very sad
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Just dreadful.... :(
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

Wow, completely awful. Such a shame that from time to time, people become so disturbed that the result is so violent and ends lives so quickly.
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fnew »

I can remember, as a teenager, being faced with a problem that was insurmountable (in my eyes.) My parents were on one side of the issue and I was on the other. After a particularly vigorous "discussion" of the issue, I screamed at them that I was going to kill myself. The funny thing was, at the time, I completely meant it. It was then that my father gave me some of the most profound advice I ever received. "Son, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." I have never forgotten those words. I often wonder how many tragedies could be prevented if people just took a moment and thought about things.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

Fnew wrote: suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem
Profound, concise and common sense. Wise words, whichever way you look at it!
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.