Your watch targets for 2015?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: Your watch targets for 2015?

Post by welshlad »

So let's have a look at how my 2015 predictions turned out:
welshlad wrote:Hmmm, tricky. I'm not sure what 2015 will hold yet.

The FLE 2015 is penned in, so that one is fairly certain.
Hmmm, I cancelled my reservation for the FLE in the end as it didn't really grab me sufficiently, so it turns out it wasn't fairly certain after all. :oops:
welshlad wrote:Another CWL possibility is the 40mm moonphase or the 40mm Jumping Hour, if either of those make an appearance. I was thinking about the 40mm SH21 5day, but the FLE may end up being too similar.
Well I did acquire a 40mm Jumping Hour which I like very much. The moonphase may come in the future, maybe. And the C9 small seconds is still floating around in my mind as an idea.
welshlad wrote:I also need to get a modest-sized white-dialled chronograph. The Junghans Chronoscope is currently top of that list but more research is required yet.
This problem has still not been solved, although I do have a short-list now (the Chronoscope is still just about on it). A matter of priorities really. Fraser Hart phoned me recently to say that I'm getting near the top of their Daytona waiting list, which I joined as there was no obligation and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I do really like it, but some serious financial rearrangement / windfall will be needed if that is to come to fruition! :shock:
welshlad wrote:And my divers need sorting out. There's too much black and grey currently, so I need to find a nice yellow C600 to brighten them up (unless there is a yellow Trident II around the corner!). I also need to decide whether to swap my PO for a Pelagos. Either way, I think my Magrette Moana Pacific will be exiting at some point. A need for a white diver may also emerge, so there will be the usual fun prioritisation calls to be made! :)
The yellow C600 came. :) And went. :( The Magrette left. So did the PO. A blue SMP arrived and is staying! And a white C60 Mk2 arrived, which is also staying (probably). A Black Bay Red arrived and that's staying too. But I don't actually have a black diver as such at the moment. However, a plan to resolve this issue is in hand (if someone would just buy my B&R first!).

Other unforeseen arrivals included my Breitling Aerospace and the B&R. A Nomos Club and a blue C5 Slimline also came and went. I also sold three of my FLEs (2013, 2012 blue and 2011).

So another active year! Who knows what 2016 will bring?! More watches probably. :D
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by bspj »

bspj wrote:Nice pocket watch.
A 'quiet' handwound...(?Stowa Marine?).
1) :thumbup: A nice 1934 9ct gold Benson.
2) :thumbup: FLEmmxv

But to use Betjeman's words A most unprecedented three!*........

3) For my 58th (my first birthday of the year) Harriet bought me an homàge to the C5: IWC Portofino on mesh. :thumbup:

So, yes, yes and yarooooooooooooo!

*Seaside Golf
Steve
Mr. Harrison
Senior
Senior

Post by Mr. Harrison »

bspj wrote: 2) :thumbup: FLEmmxv
I HATE that FLEabag. Stuck to his wrist with superglue! Nobody else gets a look in.
MrH
C9 Harrison GMT on brown croc.
My watch: A Disney Oyster by M Mouse.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Stop complaining Mr H. Just because your drinking habits and attitude have put you on the winder for awhile. You earned it.

Perhaps when you show a bit more respect for your peers you will get another chance. :-({|=
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Simon57 »

I bought my entire collection in 2015. I didnt own any real watches before.

Looking at the list in my signature, thats a terrifying amount of money to spend!
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

I really didn't have any watch target for 2015. I was getting a tad tired of my Kirium which I'd worn daily for over 12 years, so started looking for an interesting replacement and, well, went a tad overboard. Everything here was acquired in 2015:

Bought and Returned:
Citizen "Blue Angels World A-T" Eco-Drive AT8020-03L (too busy)
Seiko Kinetic 3-Hand Date SKA553 (didn't like Kinetic)

Bought as Birthday Gifts:
Citizen Professional Eco Drive BN0085-01E
Citizen Women's Leather Strap FC0003-18D
Christopher Ward R30 Constance

Bought for Me:
Citizen World Perpetual A-T CB0020-50E
Citizen Titanium Golf Eco Drive BM7120-01E
Tissot T-Race Chronograph Black Dial White T0484172705705
ORIS Artix GT Day Date Automatic Black 735 7662 4154-07 5 21 82FC (now sold)
Christopher Ward C10 MK1
Christopher Ward C9 Harrison GMT Black
Christopher Ward C11 Vintage (now sold)
Christopher Ward C3 Cream (now sold)
Tudor Black Bay Red Ref. 79220R
Omega Speedmaster 39mm Silver Date 3813.30.11
Christopher Ward C60 Pro 42mm (now sold)
Rado D-Star 200 Blue
Rolex Explorer II 216570 Polar
Omega Seamaster Diver 300 Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.003
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by bspj »

Goodness, Randy! WOT a lot!
Steve
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Checked my comments earlier in the thread. Said I intended to buy none; actually bought one - Seiko SARB 035. Chuffed - and with money still in the pot.
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

1. Another Speedmaster ( undecided which flavour )
2. Seamaster Planet Ocean

Looks like I am heading towards a two brand collection - not deliberate, just what takes my fancy next.
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Dancematt wrote:6 months without a purchase for me too and with two Christmas gifts means a need to thin again and I actually hope the drought will continue.

However, a trip to Iceland soon may provoke a new Js watch co and I sort of want to add more character to the collection, I have been looking at the Cartier tank solo and the Bell and Ross BRS but not in a 'must have' way like days of old. Something vintage is most likely. Something vintage and completely bonkers.
JS aquired:

Crazy vintage watch acheived:
Ernest Borel Coctail watch (photobucket won't let me upload for some reason.

Plus two more, this Strela:

And a new arrival..........
I miss all the great things that may never be.
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

I didn't really have any watch goals in 2015. I started the year with one Tissot PR100 Quartz and didn't know what was ahead.

There have been plenty of ins and just as many outs (nearly). I'm hoping to add one more piece next year (have my eye on something already) to take me back to 3. That seems to be my ideal number.

For now, I'm left with just the two and don't regret any leaving (yet!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

bobbubka wrote:I didn't really have any watch goals in 2015. I started the year with one Tissot PR100 Quartz and didn't know what was ahead.

There have been plenty of ins and just as many outs (nearly). I'm hoping to add one more piece next year (have my eye on something already) to take me back to 3. That seems to be my ideal number.

The BBR and Ranger have gone 8O - however I think I can see why.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

nbg wrote:
bobbubka wrote:I didn't really have any watch goals in 2015. I started the year with one Tissot PR100 Quartz and didn't know what was ahead.

The BBR and Ranger have gone 8O - however I think I can see why.

Neil
They have indeed Neil. The sizing of the Omega (wears smaller and flatter than the 41mm suggests I think) had turned me off the BBR a little due to my smallish wrists.
I'd wanted the Sub before I knew anything about watches, so I eventually gave in as I don't think the urge would ever have gone away. I found a local dealer who was willing to trade with little cash changing hands. The bezel could possibly do with replacing at some stage, but other than that it is in great condition and a full set.
I suspect I may regret the Ranger leaving, but I had the same issue with sizing and it's fairly obtainable on the used market should I ever truly regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300