Your watch targets for 2015?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Your watch targets for 2015?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Apologies if this has been done already...I couldn't see it. The title is self-explanatory, aka bleedin' obvious. :lol:

I have but two...

1. A 1970s Eterna Kontiki 20 which is hopefully being refurbished at the moment and will soon be ready. I've been promised first refusal, so waiting to hear back from the jeweller.

2. The MMXV FLE, which needs no further introduction.

I have now gone for 6 months without buying a watch, so I am actually prepared to believe that I can limit it to those two...we shall see! :lol:
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Your watch targets for 2015?

Post by Jape »

I hope I will be in a position to buy a watch, but doubt I will be. It's been about 14 months since I bought one.
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.

Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

I don't have any that I'm totally zoomed in on. I have the usual short list that is forever changing, but these few have managed to stick for a while. I might be able to pull the trigger on 1 or 2.

Omega AT Blue
One of a few Nomos (Club, Orion or Tangomat)
One of a couple of Balls (21st Century or Engineer Hydrocarbon)
Rolex Explorer II White (probably used)

And then there's always the possibility of my first vintage or pocket watch.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, C60SYS #5, 2009FLE #34, 2012FLE Red #72 (for sale)
Non-CWs: TUDOR Black Bay Blue, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, BREMONT Solo, BALL Streamliner, SEIKO 5 Fathoms, ORIS TT1, HAMILTON Navy Pioneer, SINN EZM 13 & 103 A Blue

Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
1. A 1970s Eterna Kontiki 20 which is hopefully being refurbished at the moment and will soon be ready. I've been promised first refusal, so waiting to hear back from the jeweller.

I have now gone for 6 months without buying a watch, so I am actually prepared to believe that I can limit it to those two...we shall see! :lol:
Not a bad 2 :) I'd like to limit myself to 1 or 2 also, really 1 would be great. I only bought 2 in 2014, one in July and one in October. Maybe I'll try to limit myself to a birthday watch only this year. We shall have to keep each other honest, Steve. :lol:
Peteo
Non-CWs: TUDOR Black Bay Blue, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, BREMONT Solo, BALL Streamliner, SEIKO 5 Fathoms, ORIS TT1, HAMILTON Navy Pioneer, SINN EZM 13 & 103 A Blue

Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I'm happy to offer a home visit to advise on the vintage or pocket watch, Pete. The consultation itself is free, but you pay the air-fare. :D
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by bspj »

Nice pocket watch.
A 'quiet' handwound...(?Stowa Marine?).
Steve

Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I'm happy to offer a home visit to advise on the vintage or pocket watch, Pete. The consultation itself is free, but you pay the air-fare. :D
Thanks, Steve!

My local watch shop has an interesting Ball pocket watch that I have my eye on. They are asking ~$700 for it. I was hoping to stop in again and take some pictures of it to get forumites' opinions (much interested in yours, of course!), but I haven't been able to just yet. The shop also found an 1969 Omega Constellation for me, but I was underwhelmed by it, so I passed.

I'm forever on the hunt it seems.
Peteo

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

My (moving) target list is as follows:

Vintage rolex air king / precision
Vintage 3-handed Longines/Omega
Nomos Club
Old rolex explorer 1

If I go for one of those I'll have to sell some of my others, so no guarantees anything will happen.

rding
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by rding »

To get my two Tag Heuer watches serviced and to also convince the wife that I need a Pelagos.

Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

I'll first get a Seiko (probably the Sarb071j) to replace my Christmas gift :oops:

Then it'll be a Nomos (5 is such an odd number)
The candidates are:
Nomos Atlantik (can't get it out of my head)
Nomos Metro (more likely due to it being smaller)
Or whatever they are going to present during the Baselworld this year. It's their 15th anniversary so they might have something up their sleeves - or hidden in their magic sofa.

And, of course, the FLE Slimline. I even cancelled my order of the NN blue Slimeline for this as I couldn't justify getting both versions.

All in all this would mean that I plan to buy/get three watches. But if I come across a nice vintage watch for a reasonable price... :silent:
The watches I could buy if I didn't buy the aforementioned watches: Rolex Explorer 1, preferably the 36mm version, or a JLC Reverso. Let's face it, this is not going to happen.

Edit: I've got to read Downer's rules again and learn them by heart.
Andreas

Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

Vintage Tudor snowflake sub, M.N.

rding
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by rding »

Serlo wrote:I'll first get a Seiko (probably the Sarb071j) to replace my Christmas gift :oops:

Then it'll be a Nomos (5 is such an odd number)
The candidates are:
Nomos Atlantik (can't get it out of my head)
Nomos Metro (more likely due to it being smaller)
Or whatever they are going to present during the Baselworld this year. It's their 15th anniversary so they might have something up their sleeves - or hidden in their magic sofa.

And, of course, the FLE Slimline. I even cancelled my order of the NN blue Slimeline for this as I couldn't justify getting both versions.

All in all this would mean that I plan to buy/get three watches. But if I come across a nice vintage watch for a reasonable price... :silent:
The watches I could buy if I didn't buy the aforementioned watches: Rolex Explorer 1, preferably the 36mm version, or a JLC Reverso. Let's face it, this is not going to happen.

Edit: I've got to read Downer's rules again and learn them by heart.
Wow thats what I like about coming on here I see a name that I have never heard of before look at the watches and then think hmmmm how am I going to justify that.
Your right that Nomos Atlantik really is a nice watch.

ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Apologies if this has been done already...I couldn't see it. The title is self-explanatory, aka bleedin' obvious. :lol:

I have but two...

What happened to the Van der Klaauw! :D
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)

welshlad
CW-watches: 11

Post by welshlad »

Hmmm, tricky. I'm not sure what 2015 will hold yet.

The FLE 2015 is penned in, so that one is fairly certain.

Another CWL possibility is the 40mm moonphase or the 40mm Jumping Hour, if either of those make an appearance. I was thinking about the 40mm SH21 5day, but the FLE may end up being too similar.

I also need to get a modest-sized white-dialled chronograph. The Junghans Chronoscope is currently top of that list but more research is required yet.

And my divers need sorting out. There's too much black and grey currently, so I need to find a nice yellow C600 to brighten them up (unless there is a yellow Trident II around the corner!). I also need to decide whether to swap my PO for a Pelagos. Either way, I think my Magrette Moana Pacific will be exiting at some point. A need for a white diver may also emerge, so there will be the usual fun prioritisation calls to be made! :)
CWL C3 Mk1 | C60 Mk2 x2 | C60 Mk3 Ombre | C65 SH21 | C70 x4 | C8 | C15
Omega Speedy | AT8500 | AT2500 | PO Ti Rolex Exp | Sub
Zenith EP1969 Damasko DA44 Seiko 55 Fathoms
Citizen Promaster Tissot V8 Vratislavia S6 Luch 1Hand

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

Currently two or three:

1. 2015 FLE
2. Rolex explorer (to celebrate birth of first child) - if I'm not wiped out by other baby costs
3. Nomos ahoi atlantik - what's not to love?

I'd be VERY happy with two out of the three