Re: Show your pet!

Post by bwedlund »

This is my Buddy.

55B5F597-223F-49F9-9F24-4C65AC3ABCF2.jpeg
Philosoraptor
CW-watches: 0

Post by Philosoraptor »

This is Simba, just wondering why I disturbed her lounging.

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

magicman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:43 am Good morning from Macy and Luna.
Cuties, but Luna looks a mischief....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Pup-date :( :( :(

I've had to accept, after a couple of weeks of getting sick with anxiety, that I'm not in a good place, physically or mentally, for a pup in my life.
This is such a shame, and I'm feeling gutted - because it was such a good idea!! Everyone who knows me was so enthusiastic about the plan. I'm an enthusiast, and sometimes my plans get ahead of what I'm actually capable of. I really wanted this to work..... :(
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Sorry to hear that. Hope things start to look better for you soon.
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

^^^ Thanks :)
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
downer

Post by downer »

missF wrote:Pup-date :( :( :(

I've had to accept, after a couple of weeks of getting sick with anxiety, that I'm not in a good place, physically or mentally, for a pup in my life.
This is such a shame, and I'm feeling gutted - because it was such a good idea!! Everyone who knows me was so enthusiastic about the plan. I'm an enthusiast, and sometimes my plans get ahead of what I'm actually capable of. I really wanted this to work..... :(
It is a real shame. However, it’s great that you realised and admitted to yourself that the timing is not right for you. Accepting it later down the process would have been far more painful all round.

Meanwhile, do what I do and enjoy pups and dogs vicariously through other peoples pets. :)
Richard
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

missF wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:53 am Pup-date :( :( :(

As others have stated, sorry to hear that!!..hope things improve for you soon!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Sorry to hear that Lindsey. Perhaps you could find a local pet therapy service and enjoy some time with them on a cadence visit basis
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

A couple weeks ago I sadly had to say goodbye to Leo (Leonidas), my oldest pet. I’ve had him for about 13 years, adopted him when he was 1 year old back in 2008.

He’s been all over with me, moving cross country 4 times for a total of more than 4000 miles. I even lost him for about 2 years in the wilds of Boston while I was living there in 2009. I moved about 1000 miles away to Michigan in 2010, but my old neighbor in Boston told me he was seeing Leo around the neighborhood in 2011, so I jumped in the car and road tripped out there on a whim. When I pulled up to his house, Leo was miraculously sitting there in the driveway. He ran right up to me, I picked him up and put him in my car and drove 1000 miles back. Leo and I had 10 good years together after that.

He was only 14, but he’s always had a heart murmur. He got very sick very quickly and was gone in a matter of days. Leo has been with me through some very tough times. Through being penniless and alone in a strange city after a failed engagement. Through the aforementioned multiple cross country moves. Through my marriage and the birth of both my children. Leo was a constant.

We had a good life together. I’m definitely an animal lover and give everything and more to my pets. Unfortunately that means I get very attached and it’s very painful when they pass. This has actually been the first time I experienced it. I have another cat that I’ve had for 12 years and a dog I’ve had for 8. This is a reminder to cherish the time we have with our pets, because it goes by all too quickly.

Here’s Leo on the day I brought him home (first pic) and a month or so before he passed. I’ll miss him and his world-famous head-butts.

04206267-ACB3-4134-84DC-269E374BC78E.jpeg
40C40DEA-6D8A-429E-8F93-414FFBC4B5A6.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

@ Lindsey..So sorry to hear the news, but trust that the right decision has been made for now. When the time is right you will know.

@ Alex... My condolences to you and your family. Sad to hear about the passing of Leo. Remember the good times as you have done above and know that you had some wonderful times together.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

@Alex

my deep felt condolences also. It's terrible to have to part with beloved friends, but without sadness there can be no joy and the joy they bring greatly outweighs the sadness.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

Beach time

the "g" is for Greg...
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

BAB68F16-EBF2-4B67-BA8C-8FC42673BFB9.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’