Fun Time - When Will The C2 FLE Reach Peteo?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

How about some fun time? :)

There aren't even any prizes :(

Helix has posted the 2009 C2 FLE on it's cross Atlantic journey to Peteo in Arlington (VA) wherever that is. Anyway it's on our left as you look at a pink plastered map with us in the middle (and everywhere else, naturally).

What day, date and time (in Peteo's time) do you think it will be when he first claps eyes on it? I think Peteo is 5 hours behind us over there. We can go by his time and sort it out later. Bear in mind that time distance though.

Remember the time lost when my brilliant packaging will probably be ripped apart by the Feds thinking its drugs before charging our mate loads of dosh before repackaging it in an envelope and posting it on. Anyway we won't dwell on that bit because it might upset Peteo.

I'm going for Monday 27 August 18:34 (which would be for example 23:34 in Blighty).

Anyone up for it?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: Fun Time - When Will The C2 FLE Reach Peteo?

Post by Mr Rick »

I'd say Saturday 25 August at 10:00 hours.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Scooter

The weekend has begun in my house and I am 2 beers in so my mind is struggling to work around the question you are posing.

My guess is Wednesday 22nd at 1732.

Have a good weekend everyone :grin:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

That'll do Nathan.

Have a great weekend

scooter
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

The question, is did i do a timed delivery or not. To tell the truth, in all the excitment i forgot. So do ya feel lucky punk? Do ya? :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Cat among the pigeons time then! :lol:

scooter
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Haha fun. I should mention something for all of you bettin' types that will help you hone your guesses. Looks like it was sent as a Sign for package. This means that I'll not likely be able to collect it when they actually come to deliver on the first attempt since I'll probably be at work, so this means that I will need to drive myself to the post office the following morning. And once I get it, I won't be waiting until the afternoon to open it. So any guesses in the afternoon local time are probably going to be off the mark ;)
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I have sent a few parcels across the pond and it usually takes 7-10 working days. ( can take longer )

So i will take a stab at the 28th 10.38am
Graham
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by AliBar »

I reckon the Scooter factor will get it to Arlington (VA) next Friday - whilst Peteo is working his butt off.

The post office trip will therefore be on Saturday morning so, assuming they open at 09:00 a.m, I think Peteo will already be sat on the doorstep, like a kid on Xmas morn, waiting for doors to open.

However, some piece of VA trailer trash (the equivalent of a UK giro drawing pikey chav) will have got there first - to cash in all the shrapnel they have earnt from washing windshields at the traffic lights. That will take 8 minutes for the cashier to count, followed by three minutes for Peteo to collect the box and walk back to the car and 5 minutes for him to break into Scooters excellent packaging.

So... it's 09:16 in the movie that's unfolding in my mind. Where's my beer gone :)
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru

Post by Mr Kirk »

I'm going to say Friday 24th at 13:07 local time. But, oh no, no one is home, it's gone back to the sorting office, to be redelivered Monday 27th at 9:43 local time.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Right then. Back from the pub and realised my earlier prediction was wrong. After a few delicious cold ones, I have come to the realisation that peteos watch will arrive when it is ready to be received. When that is will be decided by the postal and customs deities and they can do what the f**k they want with the package whilst in transit to the unified regions of the land of dreamsville. :grin:
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

AliBar wrote:I reckon the Scooter factor will get it to Arlington (VA) next Friday - whilst Peteo is working his butt off.

The post office trip will therefore be on Saturday morning so, assuming they open at 09:00 a.m, I think Peteo will already be sat on the doorstep, like a kid on Xmas morn, waiting for doors to open.

However, some piece of VA trailer trash (the equivalent of a UK giro drawing pikey chav) will have got there first - to cash in all the shrapnel they have earnt from washing windshields at the traffic lights. That will take 8 minutes for the cashier to count, followed by three minutes for Peteo to collect the box and walk back to the car and 5 minutes for him to break into Scooters excellent packaging.

So... it's 09:16 in the movie that's unfolding in my mind. Where's my beer gone :)
:lol: Spend some time in VA have you, AliBar? :lol:

Actually, my corner of VA is thankfully on the nicer side, so I'll be surprised if I'm delayed by trailer trash. I'll most likely just be delayed by the leisurely pace of the postal workers themselves. :)
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Royalmail shows as handed over to USPS.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:Royalmail shows as handed over to USPS.
Typically, that is all I ever see until the postie arrives. :problem:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Mr Rick wrote:
Helix Von Smelix wrote:Royalmail shows as handed over to USPS.
Typically, that is all I ever see until the postie arrives. :problem:
My god, this is just taking forever!

Kidding! :)
Peteo