Post a picture from your latest ride

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
User avatar
james80
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3518
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 am
CW-watches: 3

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by james80 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:11 am

Last Sunday on a group ride over the northern range. It was warm up ride for this Sunday where we’ll go over the northern range down to the coast and ride part of the coast road which is all short sharp hills.

ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22868
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by downer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Different wheels for my ride today. My first official blood bike shift - in biblical rain and wind down the M6 and in and around the various hospitals of Birmingham...

Image

My learnings from today:

1. All the NHS staff I had contact with were extremely friendly and helpful - making the process very rewarding.
2. The FJR1300 is a great bike for filtering through miles and miles of motorway tailbacks.
3. My gloves leak.
Richard

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by StrapMeister » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 pm

downer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 pm
Different wheels for my ride today. My first official blood bike shift - in biblical rain and wind down the M6 and in and around the various hospitals of Birmingham...

Image

My learnings from today:

1. All the NHS staff I had contact with were extremely friendly and helpful - making the process very rewarding.
2. The FJR1300 is a great bike for filtering through miles and miles of motorway tailbacks.
3. My gloves leak.
Well done Richard :thumbup:
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 13821
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by scooter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:25 pm

I almost gave you a clapping emoji then.

Excellent job.

scooter, clapping
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22868
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by downer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:35 pm

scooter wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:25 pm
I almost gave you a clapping emoji then.

Excellent job.

scooter, clapping
Strewth, scooter, that was close! :lol:
StrapMeister wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Well done Richard :thumbup:
Cheers. I know you're also a blood biker. Today was a baptism of fire. One of the hospitals was bang in the city centre and proved too much for the satnav. It was an interesting journey...
Richard

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by StrapMeister » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:36 pm

downer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:35 pm
StrapMeister wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Well done Richard :thumbup:
Cheers. I know you're also a blood biker. Today was a baptism of fire. One of the hospitals was bang in the city centre and proved too much for the satnav. It was an interesting journey...
Know the feeling...
We have some really obscure locations in and around the South West countryside.
Plus, the SatNav gets you to the Hospital but then trying to find the right department can be fun :?
To try and aid the riders, we're in the process of introducing the What3Words app.
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

User avatar
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5176
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South West UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by Thermexman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm

Well done Richard. Do you have blues & twos?
Steve.

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22868
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by downer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Thermexman wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
Well done Richard. Do you have blues & twos?
Although some of the bikes are equipped with blues and twos, the group I ride for has a "no lights" policy, due to the additional (onerous) training, certification and liability issues. We are required to obey all speed limits and have no special dispensations. Having a liveried bike does cause some "interesting" behaviour in other road users though.
Richard

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 8276
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by Thegreyman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Great effort Richard :thumbup:
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5176
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: South West UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by Thermexman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 pm

downer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:57 pm
Thermexman wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
Well done Richard. Do you have blues & twos?
Although some of the bikes are equipped with blues and twos, the group I ride for has a "no lights" policy, due to the additional (onerous) training, certification and liability issues. We are required to obey all speed limits and have no special dispensations. Having a liveried bike does cause some "interesting" behaviour in other road users though.
I see. I was going to ask you what the training was like as I’d imagine that it would be rather tough.
Steve.

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22868
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by downer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 pm
Great effort Richard :thumbup:
Thanks. It seems a good way of doing something positive - at the same time as enjoying my hobby.
Richard

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22868
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by downer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Thermexman wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 pm
downer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:57 pm
Thermexman wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
Well done Richard. Do you have blues & twos?
Although some of the bikes are equipped with blues and twos, the group I ride for has a "no lights" policy, due to the additional (onerous) training, certification and liability issues. We are required to obey all speed limits and have no special dispensations. Having a liveried bike does cause some "interesting" behaviour in other road users though.
I see. I was going to ask you what the training was like as I’d imagine that it would be rather tough.
I guess it varies from group to group. In my case, the requirement is for an advanced (IAM/ROSPA) qualification. There is a further check ride (which was basically another advanced test) followed by a few induction events and material handling course etc.
Richard

User avatar
welshlad
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7073
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 am
CW-watches: 11
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by welshlad » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Top work mate.
CWL C1R | C5A | C15 | C60x2 | C65SH21 | C70x4 | C8
Omega Speedy | AT8500 | AT2500 | PO Ti
Rolex Exp114270 | Sub14060 Zenith EP1969 Damasko DA44
GSeiko Snowflake Seiko 55Fthms
Ctzn Promaster Tissot V8 Vrat S6 DHenry 1968 Luch 1Hand

User avatar
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3104
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Canada

!

Post by Viognier » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 am

Time well spent Richard! When in Biblical Rain all things Gore-Tex are your friend!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy

Eat My Goal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Re: Post a picture from your latest ride

Post by Eat My Goal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Bit late to the party, but here's a picture of me climbing Mont Ventoux in September:
Image

Post Reply