Black Faced C8 Pilot mkII

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Clarky »

My new CW, Hope you like the Photos........

just added a couple of illumination pic's (16/12/10)

I have also noticed it has a sellita SW200 26 jewel, not the ETA 2824-2 25 jewel movement as advertised, not necessarily a problem with a 60 month warranty as if it has problems i'm sure CW will sort it out, but it is a bit naughty advertising it with the ETA and suppling it with some thing else.

Still happy with the watch as it is a joy to wear and look at. :)
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Re: Black Faced C8 Pilot mkII

Post by Mortis »

That is very tasty indeed. The black strap works a treat on the cleaner dial of the MkII.

I too hope CWL will adjust their site accordingly as while there is nothing at all wrong with the Sellita I think that the site should reflect what is sold!
John
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by John »

Very nice, I also want this black one to accompany my creme dialed C8 Mk2
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Nice watch and pics :D

The Selitta is almost identical to the ETA, so reliability shouldn't be an issue, but the CW site should say that the watch 'could' be supplied with this mov't!!

Enjoy the watch......like you have to be told?!! :wink:
John
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Clarky wrote: Hope you like the Photos........
Certainly did :)
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Looks great. :)

Can't wait for mine to arrive now....

I don't see the Sellita as a problem - in fact I've read they can often be more accurate than the ETA. I do agree that the CWL site should reflect the fact that this movement is sometimes fitted.
Richard
davidfleming

Post by davidfleming »

Good choice but hey I would say that, how did you find out it had a sellita SW200, as I just assumed mine was an ETA movement as stated?
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Clarky »

davidfleming wrote:Good choice but hey I would say that, how did you find out it had a sellita SW200, as I just assumed mine was an ETA movement as stated?
The ETA is a 25 jewel movement, where as the movement in my C8 has 26 jewel engraved on it, so I would guess it is a sellita sw200 which is sellita's copy of ETA's 2824-2 movement. The swatch group (who own ETA) have decided to stop suppling movements to watch manufactures outside their group so the replacement is the sellita movement, which is virtually an identical copy.
Oscar Wilde
davidfleming

Post by davidfleming »

Interesting, they obviously do two different casebacks as I've just checked my MK 2 and its engraved as having 25 jewels. If CW has taken the time to change the case backs to illustrate a different movement one would have thought that they could have made customers aware that they use the two different movements as I think they do with the C5.
lisnalee
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by lisnalee »

x2

It would look a lot more professional if the case back said 26 jewels to match the SW200.
C7 Rapide Day-Date COSC LE #10/100
C60 Trident Elite 1000 COSC LE #50/300
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second COSC
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Clarky »

davidfleming wrote:Interesting, they obviously do two different casebacks as I've just checked my MK 2 and its engraved as having 25 jewels. If CW has taken the time to change the case backs to illustrate a different movement one would have thought that they could have made customers aware that they use the two different movements as I think they do with the C5.
The watch back hasen't changed, it is still engraved with 25 jewels but, if you turn the watch so the inspection window on the back is at 6 o'clock you can read that the rotor is engraved with: 26 twenty-six jewels swiss made.
Oscar Wilde
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

The Mk 2 is a lovely looking watch, I am tempted even though I own a Mk 1 black face. 8)
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Clarky »

davidfleming wrote: how did you find out it had a sellita SW200, as I just assumed mine was an ETA movement as stated?
I emailed Chris about a few things, and this was the responce about the movement in the C8. Just thought it was relevant :)

I have noticed that on the movement itself it has 26 jewel movement on it and your site states that you use an ETA 2824-2 25 jewel movement, dose this mean that my watch is fitted with a Sellita SW200 instead of the ETA? It's not a problem to me, I'm just interested to know, and that the website should be updated to say that this is one of the possible movements fitted.

[chris] you are correct we do need to update that .... thanks for the nod...it had slipped through
Oscar Wilde
davidfleming

Post by davidfleming »

Thanks for the confirmation Clarky, I did check the rotor which does indeed state 26 Jewels. I like you are not too bothered that it is a Sellita movement, I think the main point here is that CW really needs to provide customers with accurate information so that the purchaser actually gets what was advertised. Still a cracking watch though!
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

"It has slipped through"

Come off it Chris Ward you should be all over your web site like a rash and know every full stop and comma on it! It is unacceptable to advertise ETA and supply Sellita. it is unacceptable to have 26 jewels but 25 engraved on back. it is absolutely amateurish. amateurish!

It is not about the pros and cons of one watch movement over another but about supplying what you advertise. Supply excuses will not wash as soon as you know you cannot get Eta change your websites and change your case backs accordingly.

"It has slipped through" is just appalling!

I love Chris Ward watches, love the brand and hope to buy more of them my support is still there but please please please it is a question of integrity here. before you do another thing in your business check your website personally and fix it!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham