C60 Trident Ombré

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
downer
CW-watches: 4

C60 Trident Ombré

Post by downer »

I was fortunate to coincide a visit to Park Street with the release of the C60 Ombré LE - a watch I saw in prototype form about 6 months earlier. When I first saw it, I thought it would probably be my first bronze watch, and so it is...

I like it a lot, and I'm looking forward to the case taking on some patina, which will hopefully cause it to be a little less shiny and bright. A few people have commented on the depth markings being white, rather than the red on the website images. If I'm honest, I had not noticed - until it was pointed out, and therefore, for me, it's not a big deal.

The strap is very nice, although I think the watch could handle something slightly thicker, so I'll be on the lookout for a replacement.

Here's some (too many :D) pictures:

Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: C60 Trident Ombré

Post by scooter »

It is a great looking watch and possibly the best CW have brought out in some time.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Fantastic pictures, Richard, as we've come to expect from you. And it's a really lovely looking watch and very tempting! The problem is I already have 2 C60s with another on the way (the CWE LE)!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

scooter wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:30 pm It is a great looking watch and possibly the best CW have brought out in some time.

scooter
I'm in complete agreement. The red text piece is a bit of a balls up but doesn't detract from it being an incredibly striking watch.

I imagine it'll be something that people comment on quite regularly.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

C60 Trident Ombré

Post by gaf1958 »

Lovely watch and photos Richard. It really is one of the nicest C60 models released and to my eyes the matte black bezel is a great choice for the Ombré over the bronze bezel used on the other bronze models.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

Thanks for the great photos Richard. The red text issue had me a little down, and other pictures I've seen so far were poorly taken and hadn't shown off the quality very well. This set have helped convince me that I made the right choice for what will be my one and only bronze watch. (I realize that's a dangerous statement.)
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Looks great Richard. Isn’t it funny how people’s views are so different? You can’t wait for the “shiny” bronze colour to give way to patination, whilst it’s the “shiny” bronze colour that makes me like these bronze examples. I’m not sure I’d be so keen once the darkness falls! :-s

Any who, well caught and enjoy the “journey”. :clap:
Steve.
Decker
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Decker »

Thanks for posting the great pictures of your new watch sir.Stunning...just...Stunning :clap:
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Great photos as always Richard.

I really do like this watch. If I didn’t already own a bronze C60 I’d probably be very tempted. As I is, I think I’ll stick with the one I have. I would like to try a distressed leather strap on my existing bronze C60.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Not a bronze fan but presumably the full lume bezel is a foretaste of the v3 Trident?
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

That watch works very well, the contrast of the black bezel through to the bright bronze in the center , hence ombre. Black date wheel and lumed bezel nice touches. Its a great watch. I could see the strap being changed indeed for a few people, not quite sure what, a black webbed or a rubber tropic. As said above I assume this will be the new trident bezel. If I was to be critique in anyway , a bronze surround around the lumed indices like the ss surround on the standard c60 would have been better.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

On the strap front, I have been searching through my spares box and found the perfect (in my opinion) replacement. It's a Bremont Vintage black leather, which is very thick - probably 5-6mm at the lugs, matt black leather with an almost suede finish and no stitching:

Sadly, the strap is a "short" and a little bit too tight on my wrist. A replacement from Bremont is silly money (£175), so I am looking for an alternative. Suggestions are welcome.
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Hirsch Heritage may be worth a look. Nicely padded, Matt finish leather.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks Neil. I've a couple of Hirsch Heritage straps in the box, and I've tried one on this watch. It was okay but not ideal, and I think I want to get a solid matt black strap. However, there's no urgency.
Richard
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Fantastic photos and another great new CW model.

I really like the distressed dial and the OEM strap matches it well. If you were looking to replace it, I'd suggest the Steveo "distressed black" just over halfway down the page. Might go well with the matt black bezel and looks nice and thick.

http://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/classic
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way