LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C5 Aviator review on Timezone

Post by Kip »

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: C5 Aviator review on Timezone

Post by El Tiempo »

Good review. Since he cracked the case open, I'd have liked him to have photographed the movt. and talked about the finish. Not sure about the lume issue or what type CW uses on this model.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

El Tiempo wrote:Good review. Since he cracked the case open, I'd have liked him to have photographed the movt. and talked about the finish. Not sure about the lume issue or what type CW uses on this model.
It is supposed to be superluminova.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
velomane

Post by velomane »

El Tiempo wrote:Not sure about the lume issue or what type CW uses on this model.
CW's site it is super-luminova. Isn't that supposed to be the latest and greatest? Perhaps his was a one-off. Perhaps it is not being applied thickly enough. I'm curious to know as I have one on order. Anyone else with the Aviator care to chip in on this conversation?

Mike
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Could just be a volume issue. Not a lot of room on those hands for lume. Not sure what this guys expectations were either.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:schlafen:
Good review though.
leebman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by leebman »

I found the lume on my aviator takes a lot of charging if you want it to last, and its not bright for long, but in pitch black with charging you can see it for most of the night. In winter with no sunshine and my watch hidden by shirts and jumpers its mostly dark in normal use. If I need it to light up I use an LED torch for 15mins or so then it will go for a few hours. I found that if there is some light the metal on the numbers and hands makes the watch readable even with out lume so its a compromise. For me it works fine.
casimir
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by casimir »

Hello,

In this review, it is said about the hands, "White with blue outlines"

I see the hands white with black outlines! No?

edit : wera email : white hands with black outlines...
It is a google translation… please excuse the errors of language… thank you...
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

velomane wrote:
El Tiempo wrote:Not sure about the lume issue or what type CW uses on this model.
CW's site it is super-luminova. Isn't that supposed to be the latest and greatest? Perhaps his was a one-off. Perhaps it is not being applied thickly enough. I'm curious to know as I have one on order. Anyone else with the Aviator care to chip in on this conversation?

Mike
Most companies are using Superluninova and it's pretty good stuff however, Tritium is used on very expensive watches that usually accounts for the most professional line of divers watches. From what I think I know, only because I don't have the time right now to get more facts, Tritium is a radioactive luminance and does not loose it's glow nor does it require a charge. Tritium is marked by the letter "T" before the Swiss Made markings on the front of a watch just below the 6. You may have seen this and wondered. It would look like this:

"T Swiss Made T"

Russ
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

velomane wrote:

Mike
Mike,

This will completly answer your question: http://www.europastar.com/europastar/wa ... QIT200.jsp

Russ